SOTD : Saturday 17 th to Friday 23 th August

SOTD : 17th August 2019.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Men Expert Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Yaqi ~ Sagrada Familia.

Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : OSP ~ Grapefruit & menthol .

Blade: Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Platinum.(1)

Razor: Parker Variant. (Settings) 3.wtg, 3.xtg,3.xtg + Pick ups.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Barbon ~ Menthol ASL.

Creightons ~ Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...

It's been a some time since i've used the parker variant, paired together with the gillette 7'0clock SP made a wonderful efficient duo.However,because the blades are very sharp,they may cause irritation to some users, good technique the 'no pressure rule' respect & shaving confidence is required with these DE blades.

Because i haven't shaved with the variant for some time i've used the same settings for each pass until i get re-aquainted with this wonderful sturdy efficient indian made princess.

A comfortable 'face stroking' 3 pass + pick ups bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Creightons ~ Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.
;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
:cool:
:cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt190817ijj1e.jpg

- Kappus Nautik
- Shavemac D01 Silberspitz
- Rotbart with Croma blade
- Tüff frisch pre-electric shave lotion

:D

The blue Tüff is meant for electric shavers, but the ingredients list is very similar to its red and green aftershave siblings, including skincare stuff like Hamamelis extract. I think it works just fine as an aftershave. The main difference I notice is that it clearly has the most of menthol of all three (hence the name; "frisch" = fresh). The scent is a bit cologne-like, maybe a muted but tarter version of 4711?

Sat 17th August.

Jayaruh Syn. No67
Vitos Super Red
Occams V2/ No3 Plate
Feather Pro Guard [ 1 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

Though I have used the Razor on plate 3 with other blades, this is my first time using the Pro-Guard recommended by the Supplier. This Razor /Blade combo works and has a nice degree of blade feel which really indicates how well the Shave is progressing. I was rather surprised at how short Shave Time was , yet the quality of finish is as good as the best I get from other Razors on rare occasions. I can confirm that in future I will be using the Occams on Plate 3 with this blade, and it may well be my choice for a Special Occassion Shave.

IMG_0624.jpg

Last edited:
ATT R1 Atlas
Gillette Silver Blue
Omega 11137 Boar
TOBS Sandalwood
Witch Hazel
D.R.Harris Sandalwood A/S

View attachment 46531

Thanks to Stephen (@Scotshave ) for sending me the Silver Blue blades to try.
The GSB provided a belter of a shave that felt comfortable from start to finish .well impressed !!!.

Enjoy your weekend Fellas

Glad you like them, Pat. They're certainly one of my favourites. As are the Med Preps. Four shaves on the first one; and still going strong !

17 August

Wickham Cashmere
Simpson M7 Manchurian
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Proguard
Proraso green asl

704FA060-11BF-4E1E-83D7-6ACE3AAF4C1A.jpeg
A slow shave this morning with the Feather AC SS, necessarily. Two full passes, no blood loss, and a very smooth finish, except around the end of my chin. I am very happy with the result, probably the best yet with this razor.

Executive Shaving handmade bowl
Razorock BC synth brush
Gentlemen's Face Care Club Caribbean Lime cream
Razorock Game Changer .84, iKon Bulldog handle
Personna Med Prep blade
Barts Balm Lime aftershave balm

Really pleasant if somewhat mild lime / coconut scent from the GFCC cream. Very impressed with the Personna Med Prep blade after first few shaves with one.

C365E7E1-C53A-4B7C-9BCA-BBF66987B871.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom