SOTD : Saturday 16th November - Friday 22nd November 2019.

SOTD : 16th November 2019.

d.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Synthetic.

Mug Lather.

Cream : OSP ~ Grapefruit & Menthol Shaving Cream.

Blade: Personna ~ Comfort Coated Lab Blue .(1)

Razor: Merkur 39C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Floid ~ Mentolado Vigoroso ASL.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend..

The last few months i've infrequently yet not intentionally used my shaving creams so this week will be a shaving cream week...Starting the weekend off with the osp grapefruit & menthol cream,which is great wake up call to my face sensors first thing on the morning..A excellent shaving cream,which only a small amount is required to get a great lather in no time with a very nice citrusy scent and plenty of menthol goodness,and a excellent post shave feel to the face.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sat 16 Nov 19
RAZOR: Razorock SLOC / Radio Knob Handle.
BLADE: Wilkinson Sword (1)
BRUSH: Wilkinson Sword
PRE SHAVE: Warm Water Splash.
SHAVE SOAP: Derby Menthol / Bowl Lathered.
POST SHAVE: Luke Warm Water Splash / Nivea Balm
ASL : Blue Stratos

IMO, The derby menthol shaving cream has a very synthetic feel to it ,I felt it was probally more synthetic than the Wilkinson sword Puck Soap in the blue plastic bowl.Up side of the derby cream is that after 3 passes there was still plenty of cream in the lathering bowl and brush from a pea sized amount of cream.
20191116_064421.jpg

Today's shave:

rdt191116f0jq2.jpg

- Phoenix & Beau Obsidian
- DSC Bamboo 2-Band
- 3ONE6 with Feather blade
- Brut Original aftershave

:D

16/11/2019
Pre: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Arran Machrie
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Arran Machrie
Aftershave: Arran Machrie

This weeks tools, the razor will be changed when the blade goes.
PB160001.JPG
Starting the week off with the Dart, Loaded with the less sharp but very smooth (for me) Platinum Lux.
A Nice shave today giving me a BBS finish, some minor indication from the block, although i think that is down to my learning curve and finding a smoother angle that does not give as much blade feel.
I am afraid the Jury is still out on this razor for me.
The Barts Balm lotion calming my skin then a good dollop of the Arran balm
Feeling good about the shave today.
Have a great weekend All.
Christmas shopping starts this weekend for me.

Second shave with the Homelike start razor paired with a Voskhod blade, Razorock big Bruce brush and the goats milk shave soap from the Homelike website.

The soap is a pleasant surprise. Dirt cheap (£2 converted) but performs very nicely. Got a great lather from it that was slick and had left my face feeling soft. Scent is similar to signature soaps Capra soap but there is a subtle hint of some other fragrance that I can't place my finger on. Would highly recommend this soap for anyone buying a Homelike razor from their website (doesn't affect shipping cost).IMG_20191116_124232.jpg

Back
Top Bottom