SOTD : Saturday 16th January to Friday 22nd January 2021.

SOTD : 16th January 2021.

29.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Lemon Flower Transparent Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 49.
Lather : Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade : Derby Usta. (1)
Razor: Baili ~ BD177 Rose Gold TTO.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Boots ~ Freshwood ASL./Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

(Chinese Razor Week.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend.. Starting the weekend off with the Baili BD177 which is an incredibly good razor, each and every shave that i have had with this super-speed clone has been consistently good...Maiden shave with the Derby Usta which i purchased last year along with some Supershave X blades..

For all intentional purposes i was going to use a 'Derby Premium' blade, but changed my mind at the last minute and used the 'Usta' instead due to forgetting i had yet to try them out...Another great match for the BD177 making a smooth efficient duo.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable /near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face & feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sat 16th SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk Amber
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
Very nice lather from the soap. Mild scent but super slick. Really love all of Colonel Conk's Soaps.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was excellent!! Awesomely smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a BBS result!
Excellent aftershaves too! Rating 9.5 because somehow 2 creepers were seen much later...bummer!
20210116_111904.jpg

Saturday, 16 January 2021

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Futur
Blade Nacet (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

My usual Saturday setup; but forgot to reset the adjustment on the razor after cleaning it and changing the blade. So I started out at 5-ish (in the absent minded belief it was on 3.3) and gave myself a weaper by my mouth. It was nothing that couldn't be fixed with some alum, though. Note to self: next time take more care.

Have a good weekend, folks

IMG_20210115_144820_7~5.jpgIMG_20210115_145527_7~4.jpg

Shave of the day 16 January 2021

Razor - ATT Windsor M Cu
Blade = Souplex
Soap - Valobra Cologne
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Cu Silvertip
Post - Thayer's Astringent
Frag - Pour Un Homme De Caron

The ATT Windsor M razor is very mild indeed, even moreso than the Feather AS-D2 but when paired with a Souplex blade it is still able to give a very good shave and today was no exception.
The Valobra soap is top draw and will remain one of my top performing soaps.
Today's Frag that only I
will smell is Pour Un Homme De Caron, a top fragrance that there will always be space for in my line up of frags! :)

Have a great weekend and take care of yourselves.

Paul.

Last edited:
SR Shave #16

Bengall 11/16 Round Point
Thater 4125/1 2 Band
MdC Fougere
Proraso Green AS
DRH Milk
Creed Himalaya

First time ever using MdC - quite impressed! Probably the easiest to lather soap I have ever used. Slickness just OK I would say, but certainly a pleasant Fougere scent. Inoffensive but not ‘wow'. Surprising cushion for what was a thin lather (adding lots of water for the straight razor!). Post shave feel is excellent.

Out of all my recent EDP samples I realily like the Creed GIT and Himalaya- I wish I could prefer the cheaper ones !

Thoroughly enjoying my straight razor journey- really getting some lovely DFS pretty easily now. The Bengall was honed by Joseph at Edge Dynamics and it is the best edge I have ever felt- absolutely shaves like a dream. Highly recommended.

65F2BF06-B307-4B3C-A2D7-5A40CA9AF8B6.jpeg

Today's shave:

rdt210116i4kpq.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Eigengrau
- Yaqi "Aqua" High Mountain Silvertip
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with Sputnik blade
- Pitralon Polar aftershave

:)

16/01/21 - Vintage Month

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat Slim Adjustable M2 (#5)
Blade: Gillette Super Blue Blade
Brush: FS 24mm G4
Soap: Wickham Shamrock Tweed
Pre: Proraso Blue
ASL: TGS Abysso
ASB: Floïd

IMG_20210116_084638.jpg

I'm not sure what I make of this blade. It wasn't a particularly smooth shave. Not tuggy but a little bit rough. I'll reserve judgement until I've used it a bit more. To top it all off, the Abysso splash irritated my face (first time I've used it).

One of many very generous members on this forum sent me a sample of doppelgänger black PAA soap to try before buying the full tub @RussellR5555 really appreciate it and have found the scent to be far closer than A&E's offering. My first time using a PAA soap base and it's fantastic, a real treat and an absolute must have for me. Knew my old Clinique soap dish would come in handy for something (doppelgänger blacks new home)

SOTD
Feather ASD2 with Feather blade
Simpson manchurian chubby 2 sapphire
Doppelgänger black PAA (Clinique dish)
Dior sauvage aftershave splash, balm, parfum and deodorant stick
Saponificio varesino pro victis

CB9E49D9-8114-451F-BB2F-CB7F8E6E0AE1.jpeg

16/01/21
Vintage Month - Razor #16
Pre: Shower
Brush: Vintage Vulfix Service #3
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat
Razor: 5/8 Keenolia 1911 - 17
Edge By: @Tony'schin
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's Cedarwood and Patchouli infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil & Lotion
Aftershave: Brut Original

Wk 3 (1) Sat.JPG
I could not find out much about this razor, i do believe they were set up around 1911 and made razors for barbershops & Hairdressers, it seems this business was finished during the 1st world war.
Any info would be welcome.

"The Companies Acts, 1908 and 1913.
In the Matter of the KEENOLIA CO. Limited.
NOTICE is hereby given, that the creditors of the above named Company, which is being wound up voluntarily, are required, on or before the 12th
day of March, 1917, being the day for that purpose fixed by the Liquidator, to send their names and addresses, and particulars of their debts or claims,and the names and addresses of their Solicitors (if any), to Parkin S. Booth, of 32, Kimberley-house, Holborn Viaduct, London, E.G., the Liquidator of the said Company; and, if so required, by notice in writing from the said Liquidator, to come in, personally or by their Solicitor, and prove their debts and claims at such time and place as shall be specified in such notice, or in default thereof they will be excluded from the benefit of any distribution made before such debts are proved.—Dated this 17th day of February, 1917.
14= • PARKIN S. BOOTH, Liquidator
HAIR DRESSERS' SUNDRIESMEN"

Anyway, fresh off the Hones and into the bathroom.
A great lather mixed in my Bideford potteries bowl, plenty for the shave.
This razor is more like a 4/8th rather than 5/8th now, it has took a nice enough edge and feels quite nice on the face although it is small in my big mitt. I can feel it doing its job and it has a nice audio soundtrack, not uncomfortable but different to my more "sturdy" blades.
I completed my 2 pass shaving routine for a DFS+ finish and a very comfortable Post shave skin feel, so much so i knew i did not need the Alum.
It seems to be a very forgiving edge.
The homemade post shave lotion and balm working nicely with the soap scent.
I decided to finish of with a good splash of Brut Original.
Very Nice.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom