SOTD: Saturday 16th - Friday 22th March 2019

Date: 16 March 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 49 Boar 27/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell R4 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #8
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

15 more days to go for the whole month of Mitchell's March Wool Fat shave

SOTD : 16th March 2019.

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega 10051.

Bowl Lather.

Soap : OSP ~ 'Fougere'. (Sample)

Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum.(1)

Razor: Fatip Grande.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Menthol Crystals + Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Dana ~ English Leather ASL.

Wilco ~ Men's Moisturiser.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend,.. every friday i pick out my SOTD set up's for the week & photo them in advance for the start of the weekend, i was going through my shaving den to dig out what i haven't used for a while and noticed my sample soaps along with my Omega 10051 boar & Vie-Long 4212 horsehair brushes.

This week's SOTD's will be a 'Sample soap week'.

Starting off with the OSP 'Fougere' which was kindly gifted to me by @patw last year along with a Ever-Ready SE 1912.(US) razor, and a wonderful assortment of soaps samples.

The osp 'Fougere' soap has a great fragrance and provided a slick protective lather in no time ,enough for the full shave with only a small amount required, leaving a superb post shave feel to my face.

The Omega 10051 boar brush and OSP fougere sample excelled the shave producing a excellent wonderfully slick protective scented lather with only a small amount. A superb brush that i've hardly gave any attention to,along with the Vie-Long 4212 horsehair brush,both superb brushes i intend to add to my shave set ups more often in the future.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report...A excellent shave to start the weekend.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Wilco ~ Men's Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
:cool:

Last edited:
16 March

P&B Imperial Rum
Plisson size 12 synthetic
Razorock Black Hawk V2
Feather Professional
Bart's Balm lime oil

My focus has changed to SE shaving thanks to you guys, and I have recently had my closest shaves ever with the Feather AC SS. My new Razorock Black Hawk arrived in the post this morning, and within 30 minutes it was loaded with a Feather pro blade and approaching my face. What a surprise, almost as close as the AC, but in considerably less time. The razor is very light in the hand, but two passes was all it took with no damage. I may now be looking at pruning my small collection of DE razors, as these SE razors are better, for me.

Back
Top Bottom