SOTD Saturday 14th to Friday 20th of September

SOTD 20190914.
ThJ58Ou.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (green).
J&T® purpleheart / Oumo Brush synth.
Proraso shaving soap (green).
RazoRock Game Changer GC-OC84 / Stork Ti "Paladin" handle.
Supermax Blue Diamond (3).
Proraso pre-shave cream (green). *)
*) The pre-shave cream can also be used as after-shave (and so I did).

SOTD : 14th September 2019.

e.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face./Bloom water face wash.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.

Blade: Trig Silver Edge. (Blue cover)

Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut ~ Attraction Totale ASL.

Creightons ~ Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

I'm off work for the week. I'll be using the same shave set up as a travel kit for all my shaves whilst visiting family & friends.

Last week i used the Treet 7 Days blade, i'm carrying on with the Trig stainless blade another blade made by the Treet co in pakistan i've used these blades a few times in the past and have had good shaving results with them.They come in two different covers blue & green, both have impressed me with their sharp longevity and smoothness,and match up wonderfully with each razor i have paired them with.

As with the T7D the Trig blade can be a little rough on the first pass, but after that they mellow out.... As to say which is the better blade between them, they are the same blade IMHO just in different packaging for selling purposes.

The Parker 94R/Trig blade was wonderfully smooth efficient duo mowing through my stubble effortlessly with great audio feedback from the 94R between each pass.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Creightons ~ Sensitive Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine. ;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen...Let my belated week's holiday begin.:cool:

Last night's shave...

IMG_20190914_075844.jpg

Carbon Shaving Co. Cx (on loan)
Polsilver
Elite razors Manchurian
Eufros Fougère
Pitralon Classic aftershave

Many thanks to David @Optometrist for generously sending his Carbon razor for me to try.

Fit and finish is excellent, as it should be for a razor in this price bracket.
The design of the handle has had many negative comments but in the flesh and more importantly in the hand it feels great, most of the time*. It makes you hold the razor in a certain way, which (for me anyway) encourages a lighter touch.

Onto the shave: Using the ever dependable Eufros the Carbon glided through every pass with very little blade feel. After three passes I only needed minimal touch ups on my neck.

*There were a couple of times I wasn't comfortable with my grip and I wasn't confident adjusting my grip. So maneuverability maybe an issue but time will tell.

I like this razor a lot. Thanks again to David for the opportunity to use it.

Have a good weekend Gents.

Cheers
Rob

Last night's shave...

View attachment 47433

Carbon Shaving Co. Cx (on loan)
Polsilver
Elite razors Manchurian
Eufros Fougère
Pitralon Classic aftershave

Many thanks to David @Optometrist for generously sending his Carbon razor for me to try.

Fit and finish is excellent, as it should be for a razor in this price bracket.
The design of the handle has had many negative comments but in the flesh and more importantly in the hand it feels great, most of the time*. It makes you hold the razor in a certain way, which (for me anyway) encourages a lighter touch.

Onto the shave: Using the ever dependable Eufros the Carbon glided through every pass with very little blade feel. After three passes I only needed minimal touch ups on my neck.

*There were a couple of times I wasn't comfortable with my grip and I wasn't confident adjusting my grip. So maneuverability maybe an issue but time will tell.

I like this razor a lot. Thanks again to David for the opportunity to use it.

Have a good weekend Gents.

Cheers
Rob
Morning Rob, I'm pleased to hear that you and this wonderful razor got along well enough, I'm sure with a few more uses under you belt you too will become a firm Cx fan.
Have a great weekend Mate......P.

14/09/19
Pre shave Prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Arran Lochranza
Razor: Supply V2 Plate #02
Blade: Personna (10)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Arran Lochranza
Aftershave: Arran Lochranza

P9140013.JPG

1st use of some of my wife's birthday gifts to me, every thing but the brush.
So while showering i am having a self debate about the new General and whether i need to pull the trigger at 12 o clock today:-
Me + "you have hankered after a general since you 1st seen it in the SOTD"
Me - " do you really need one?"
Me + "not really, but its the new kid on the block and it has a 27% reduction in head size"
Me - "Its pricey, You have a Vector with a small head and you love it"
Me + " its Stainless and satin finish"
Me - "Vector"
Me + " its a General"
Me - "How will it shave? The Vector is your favourite razor and it would have to be something really special to beat it"
Me - " that handle is just not me, in fact i do not really like the look of it"

Me+ "You can change the handle"
Me - "What? change the handle on a £220 razor delivered to the door"

Me+ " but its a General you know you want it"

And so it went round and around

Out of the shower and onto the shave, The new soap had been blooming while i was pondering and i loaded up the Simpson synth for about 30 seconds, i did not want to skimp on its first use, well, i got enough for 4+ passes in no time, the lather just grew as i added drops of water. The scent is very delicate to my nose but quite nice.
The Supply V2 was loaded with a 9 shave Personna, i was taking a chance here!
So on the chin went the Lather and i proceeded with the shave.
1st pass WTG - Wow, That's comfortable, the weight of the razor making the shave easy, no pressure at all needed, just removing the lather and the stubble going with it. No indication that i had a blade in it, i like this razor, it does for Vintage injectors that the Sabre does for the Vintage 1912's, brings the type of shave bang up to date.
2nd pass XTG / ATG mix, i got some audio when going ATG again, really easy and comfortable. Done! no buffing required.
Nothing from the block & a splash of home made astringent.
The Arran Balm is light to the touch and is absorbed quickly, you get more of the delicate scent when massaging it in.
A splash of the matching Aftershave enhances the scent again, its very clean but delicate (i am no expert on puling apart the scent) its very nice and not overpowering. All in all a very nice Saturday shave.
I really like this set up.

Whats that?
"General"
"Don't need one i have some great razors already"
"But its a General"

Anyway, i hope i pass and have a great weekend All.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom