Lather: Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender

JRTvnka.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Razor: Merkur Mergress (2.5)
Blade: NOS Gillette Super Silver (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Pinaud Clubman Aftershave Splash

What a great shaving cream this is! It opens with refreshing and very natural eucalyptus scent, and has a hint of menthol for cooling. Beneath this is a warm tabacco scent - they have got the balance spot on. It is one of the thirstiest creams I have used, but once hydrated, the lather is exceptional. It is pricey, but the tub is enormous, and the quality is immediately apparent.
Three very comfortable passes for a BBS finish, with an excellent post shave feel.

SOTD : 14th March 2020.

g.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)

Face Lather.

Soap : Chinese Cologne Shaving Soap.

Blade: Gem modified PTFE.

Razor: Valet ~ Auto Strop VC1.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Duru ~ Mandalina Cologne.

Arko ~ Fresh Aftershave Balm.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...I'm going to give my vintage SE razors a run out for my shaves this week. starting the weekend off in style with the wonderful valet vc1. It looks an "aggressive lady" but IMHO it's quite mild however, that's not to say it isn't efficient,this vintage lady will mow through face & head stubble with ease...As always personal views, judgements & opinions are very subjective.

I've mentioned before if your in two minds of trying out a vintage SE razor, my advice is don't hesitate and go for it...It's remarkable how comfortable these vintage ladies are once you've adjusted to the shaving angle and gained your shaving confidence with them.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few generous dollop of Arko ~ Fresh Aftershave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Sat 14th March

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Spitfire
Schick Type F
Schick S/S- Japan [ 1 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

A very nice start to an Injector rotation, using a rather good looking and an ergonomically lovely Razor to wield. I know it is considered to be mild, but with a good blade it Shaves very smoothly and efficiently too. I had no problems getting a very good close all round finish. In fact one of the best Shaves over the last week.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and stays bug free and healthy.

IMG_0607.jpg

Eufros'Brisa Di Oriente'
AP Shave Co 24mm Cashmere
Valet VC4
Feather #3
Institut Karite ASB

Lovely shave with the spicy soap using the little gem that is the Valet ‘Blade Runner', dollop of balm to keep skin healthy in these cold strong winds we are experiencing. Have a great weekend folks and keep a stiff upper lip when all about you are starting to panic!

JRTvnka.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Razor: Merkur Mergress (2.5)
Blade: NOS Gillette Super Silver (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Pinaud Clubman Aftershave Splash

What a great shaving cream this is! It opens with refreshing and very natural eucalyptus scent, and has a hint of menthol for cooling. Beneath this is a warm tabacco scent - they have got the balance spot on. It is one of the thirstiest creams I have used, but once hydrated, the lather is exceptional. It is pricey, but the tub is enormous, and the quality is immediately apparent.
Three very comfortable passes for a BBS finish, with an excellent post shave feel.
Easily my favourite non-tallow soap, Tom.

Saturday

La Toja stick
Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo 24mm synth
Face lather
ER 1912 ‘Bathroom Set'
Gem SS PTFE
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
La Toja splash

I think it might have been @mpf9ret who mentioned the quality of these 1912s and how the current Gem blades work so well in them. Couldn't agree more: they really are smashing little razors.

I may also have been one of those lucky enough to score a virtually mint condition 1950s model. When I got this, it was still in its perfect plastic box, with the original cellophane around it. Upon opening, I could (and still can slightly) smell the lubricant used to preserve the Corrux blades. Even between the ribs on the handle, there were little loose burs of alloy.

It gave a great shave with the La Toja this morning. 3 passes and, well, you probably know the outcome.

Hope you and yours stay safe, folks.

C7E79C4A-2CAD-46DB-9DB5-49EF7FEE43AF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom