SOTD : Saturday 13th April - Friday 19th

SOTD : 13th April 2019.

13.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Hydra Power Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Lemon Flower Soap.

Brush: Yaqi ~ 24mm Naples Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Razorock W.T.P. ~ Lime Burst.

Blade: Bolzano Superinox Inossidable.(1)

Razor: Merkur 39C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Selin ~ Lemon Cologne.

Aloe vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend..After last weeks excellent first cold water shaves of the year, i've carried on doing the same with my shaves this week.

I recently used the Merkur 37C in one of my shaves, and was totally amazed how good the Merkur Slant razors are.Today i'm using the merkur 37C's bigger sibling to start the weekend off, paired together with the Bolozano S.I. blade was a smooth efficient duo..The Bolzano S.I. blade are only a fairly recent discovered favourite of mine the longivity of these blades is amazing.

A very comfortable cold water 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.
;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
:cool:
:cool:

Last edited:
Date:- 13 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC in Ash Wood Badger/Boar 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Jamestown Gentleman Special Edition
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'C' / Vintage NOS Gillette Stainless #4
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss Intense

13 April

PAA Harvest Moon
MÜHLE Rocca Silvertip Fibre
MÜHLE Rocca R96
Feather Hi-stainless
Bart's Balm lime oil asb

6F777DCC-0461-4C60-BB61-DAD201CBCB3E.jpeg
A lovely close two pass shave this morning. The R96 is an efficient razor, indeed. The first pass was almost close enough. The second was closer. The PAA soap is a winner, providing copious slick lather. The popularity of the MÜHLE Silvertip Fibre brushes escapes me, I think it is a little too prickly to be a favourite of mine. The Plissoft and Tuxedo synthetics represent far better value, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom