SOTD : Saturday 11th - Friday 17th May 2019

SOTD : 11th May 2019.

13.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Hydra Power Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Yaqi ~ 24mm Naples Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap: La Toja Shave Stick.

Blade: Personna ~ Gem PTFE coated .(2)

Razor: Ever-Ready 1912.(UK)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ La Toja ASL.

Aloe vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend..It's been a while since i last used the la toja shave stick which provided a wonderful slick protective lather in a short space of time enough for the full shave without re-applying the stick to my face, leaving a great post shave feel.

A wonderful shave from the E-R 1912 (UK) ,the gem blade still performing with smooth efficiency giving a superb audio feedback in-between each shave.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups bbs shave with no errors to report. The La toja shave stick & ASL are a excellent duo.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling old school devine.
;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
:cool:
:cool:

Last edited:
  • Fatip Piccolo LE OC
  • Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
  • Prep
  • DScosmetics 24mm Syntheet
  • Chiselled Face - Sherlock

BBS & DFS, compared with my first rounds of shaving with the Piccolo it proves each razor needs to be learned, you need to get the feel for it, the piccolo was like a piranha at first, and now rates as one of my top comfortable shavers (i like the Open Comb a lot better then the closed one that also comes with the Limited Edition). The DScosmetic is a great small foam cannon, it created a lovely smelling rich creamy lather of the Sherlock in a few quick rounds.

Have a great wekkend!

image.jpg

SHAVE OF tHE DAY 11 th MAY

Prep ~ Shower, Aleppo soap
Razor ~ Cobra Classic
Blade ~ proline
Soap ~ Stirling - Texas On Fire
Brush ~ Bager & Boar set in Olivewood handle
Post ~ Bart's - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine Aftershave lotion
Scent ~ Miller Harris - Feuilles de Tabac

A great shave to start the weekend! :)

Enjoy your weekend people........P. :cool:

Great pic Pat and may I ask what is your view on the Gamechanger?
My resistance is low and they appear to be the "Must Buy!" at the moment. :)
Many thanks.

Thanks buddy

It's a smooth operator Wayne, a close comfortable shave .The shave had a mild feel to it but is efficient .A two pass shave + a tidy up left me feeling smooth with no irritation. Believe the hype mate !!! (y)

Last edited:
11 May

LPL Oud Santal
MÜHLE Classic XL Silvertip Fibre
Merkur 42c
Feather Hi-stainless
Clinique post-shave soother
Chanel Bleu

F5E4EEE0-7253-4900-A906-B2F3CDD8A5C5.jpeg
The XL MÜHLE is a sizeable brush holding a lot of really good lather. It is a great tool for multiple passes. The Merkur is the razor with which I first achieved a successful, bloodless DE shave nearly ten years ago. The nickel finish is now chromium plating and the finish is much better than the original. The shave is still mild and safe, and it is short, light and cheap, but is it a better travel razor for me than the Fatip Piccolo?

• Fatip Piccolo LE OC
  • Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
  • Prep
  • DScosmetics 24mm Syntheet
  • Chiselled Face - Sherlock

BBS & DFS, compared with my first rounds of shaving with the Piccolo it proves each razor needs to be learned, you need to get the feel for it, the piccolo was like a piranha at first, and now rates as one of my top comfortable shavers (i like the Open Comb a lot better then the closed one that also comes with the Limited Edition). The DScosmetic is a great small foam cannon, it created a lovely smelling rich creamy lather of the Sherlock in a few quick rounds.

Have a great wekkend!
I have the same FaTip LE to use soon. The Rapira PL is also the next blade on my list to try. I'm looking forward to trying the FaTip.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Great pic Pat and may I ask what is your view on the Gamechanger?
My resistance is low and they appear to be the "Must Buy!" at the moment. :)
Many thanks.
I also want a Gamechanger bit can't seem to find any in stock anywhere. Maybe if we can get enough of us committed, we can persuade one of the UK suppliers to order us some?

11/05/19

Brush - Omega Boar
Pre - Wilko Oil
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Gillette Rubie (2)
Soap - TOBS Eton Cream
ASL - CP VIBR
ASB - Proraso Blue

Using the Rubie this time with some good knowns. The only untested item in this line up is the VIBR.

A really close and comfortable shave - a BBS result. A great face lather from the Omega boar and Eton combo. The Rubie and DOC performed well together. I'm not sure I can say this blade is any better than any of the other good PPI blades but I could be tempted to buy 100 if they were priced around the £13 mark.

Have a great weekend all!

Update since I drafted this - SWMBO is not a VIBR fan [emoji23]
e08e73534eba258d768635259f8eb4b2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom