SOTD : Saturday 10th -Friday 16th August. 2019

SOTD : 10th August 2019.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower: L'OREAL ~ Men Expert Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush : Chinese Unbranded Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap : Clubman Pinaud .

Blade: Gem PTFE. (4)

Razor: Ever-Ready 1914. (US)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Superdrug ~ Forest Fresh ASL.

Tesco ~ Extracts Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend..Maiden shave with the pinaud clubman shaving soap...A few days ago i was looking for my superdrug 'forest fresh' ASL for my SOTD coming week shave set ups and realised i had ran out of it anyway, while i was visitng a work mate in the next town to me i popped into superdrug to buy another, whilst i was there i made a beeline to see if there still had any Clubman Pinaud shaving soap on offer to my delight i managed to get the last two on the shelf for 79p each.

The verdict of the soap's maiden performance?..Excellent!.. It isn't a hard soap,almost 'croap-like' which doesn't need blooming before mixing, it provided me with a slick protective lather, in no time, it has a really nice scent,not over powering,and the post shave feel is incredibly good, What more can I say? apart from it's a great shaving soap of which i look forward to using again with my future shaves.

The Ever-Ready 1914,as always was, and is a pleasure to shave with everytime i use this vintage lady..The vintage ever-ready SE razors don't get the credit they so rightly deserve,paired up with the Gem PTFE blade it mowed through my stubble with smooth sharp efficiency.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Tesco ~ Extracts Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.
;)
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
:cool:
:cool:

image.jpeg

Shave of the day. 10th Aug.

Prep ~ S.V. Lavender soap
Razor ~ Cobra Classic
Blade ~ Proline
Soap ~ MdC Original
Brush ~ Zenith 28mm Manchurian
Post ~ Lavender witch hazel
Scent ~ Agua Lavanda ~ Puig

A close and comfortable shave from the Cobra leaving me with a super smooth finish in double quick time! :)
The Cobra Classic has to be the best looking razor in my stable, a fantastic shaver sporting killer looks, who could ask for more! :)

Have a great weekend folks.....P.

Sat 10th August.

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
Lea Classic soap
ER 1924 + Windrose Handle
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

After the PAA Starling yesterday , the ER 1924 with a long handle was smooth and comfortable. Not only was it nice to use but without the need for polishing up work , the all round finish was top notch. I have tried the Sabre L1 & ATT SE-G and more recently the Starling, and none of them IMHO performs as well this modified ER 1924.

IMG_0615.jpg

Last edited:
10/8/19

Brush - Yaqi Rainbow
Soap - Intesa Cream
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Gillette Winner (2)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

Overhydrated the lather and lost a bit of a cushion as a result but it was very slick nonetheless with enough protection throughout the 3 passes. A better lather today with the Intesa, seems to be a good cream for scent and post shave feel, very concentrated as well. Second use with the new Gillette Winner blade, and I'm fairly sure it is the blade as the Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword.

Anyway chaps, have a good weekend.

10/08/19
Pre Shave Prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Spice
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra (5)
Post shave: Alum Block, Cold water splash, Homemade Bay Rum Witch Hazel
Balm: Vintage Tabac Balm
Aftershave: Tabac Original / Copycat Executive

AS-D2 C2 Spice (3).jpg

Finishing off the Astra blade in the Feather with a simple 2 pass shave. I only go to 5 with the Astra and it has served me well.
The Stirling Spice gave off a wonderful scent and the Chubby Synth made short work of the soap and produced a nice slick lather in the Giles bowl. I am still finding the Stephen Llewellyn Bowl a bit small when I am using my larger brushes.
2 Passes WTG then a XTG / ATG mix no buffing required and a BBS finish.
The post shave was as nice as the shave, the Vintage Tabac balm and Aftershave taking me straight into my Mams' bathroom on a Friday night just after Dad had been in there - wonderful. I added a couple of squirts from the CC Executive Sample "just for good measure".
Sitting here ready for a chilled day feeling very good indeed, face comfy, supple and smooth and smelling as Mrs TC put it, very vintage or was it old fashioned?
Have a great weekend All

Date:- 10 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club ~ The Novelist Goats Milk & Lanolin
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / Voskhod #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss Intense

Back
Top Bottom