SOTD : Saturday 02th May - Friday 0 May 2020

SOTD : 2nd May 2020.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source Cherry & Almond Shower Milk.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush: Omega 49.

Face Lather.

Soap : " What the Puck?!" ~ Lime Burst.

Blade: Indian Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Platinum.(1)

Razor: 1940's Thin Handle Gillette flat bottom tech.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Yelken ~ Lemon Eau De Cologne Spray.

The Real Shaving Co. ~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

This week will be a vintage Gillette DE razor week ,and Carrying on with another week using the indian gillette 7'oclock sp blade after the excellent shaves i had from them last week.

Starting off with 1940's vintage flat bottom tech...what i love about the gillette tech design is they are such mild smooth efficient shavers especially the earlier models, it would be hard for me to choose a favourite because each one that i own is a joy to shave with...However, i find the 40's & 50's models are slightly more assertive with the right blade choice.

A comfortably 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ Post Shave Soothing Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Date:- 02 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Bandwagon
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Ball End Tech (0.56mm) 1946-50 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #11
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Saturday, 2 May 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade Polsilver SI (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucris

A great shave with the new Futur, again dialled it to 3 for the first pass, then 2.5 and 2, this time with a Polsilver. Again a three-pass, BBS smooth shave. The new razor works better than I hoped.

Have a good remainder of the weekend, folks.

02/05/20

Razor: Colonial General SS
Blade: Schick Proline (3)
Brush: Simpson T2
Soap: TGS Chronos
Pre: Proraso Wood & Spice
ASL: Williams A/V
ASB: RSC
Scent: PR 1 Million

IMG_20200502_090212.jpg

An average shave. The T2 is a very different beast to its bigger brother. My impression from this shave is indifferent. I have better 24mm brushes. I'll give it another go but the T3 appears to be a much better brush.

Soap review here:
TGS Chronos Review

Today's shave:

rdt2005026ik83.jpg

- Tallow + Steel Himalaya
- Luna/Maggard Finest
- Tatara Masamune with Sputnik blade
- Proraso red aftershave

:D

Sat 2nd SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Game Changer.84 SB 2nd
Blade Treet Platinum SS 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
PAA Cavendish
Nice enough lather and scent. Pleasant application with the brush. Today use the Super Knurl handle. Really good grip and weight balance. Shave with razor and blade combo was not as smooth this time...hmmm, wonder why? Blade? Lather?
3 multiple pass although was nice but suffer some tiny weepers & creepers. Ice water and thayers soothes. Cavendish was good burn...whoa! Otherwise it was a good shave. Rating today 8/10
20200502_122004.jpg
20200502_124253.jpg

Sat 2nd May

RazoRock 400. SE Plissoft noir
La Toja Stick
ATT SE1 / Windrose handle
Schick Proline [ 6 ]
La Toja A/S lotion

I rather rushed todays Shave so that the finish was not as good as I have come to expect from the ATT SE1. Perhaps I might blame the rich creamy Lather, as it encouraged me to use quicker/longer strokes than those I normally use. I did like the La Toja and must grate some up to insert into a bowl.

IMG_0716.jpg

Last edited:
02/05/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Razorock 400 Plissoft
Soap: D. R. Harris Arlington
Razor: Occam's Classic V1 plate #2
Blade: Feather PB (1)
Post shave: Alum Block, Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
Wk 19 (2).JPG
Its been a while since i have used the Occam's Classic V1, she is an odd looking duck, however, she does not half deliver, it is basically a single piece razor (once you have selected and fitted your plate preference), there is a small "Key" to fit the blade, although i do not use it, i just slide the blade in from the back until it clicks onto the location nubs, the blade sort of "Floats" and is not clamped in any way really, in fact it can even rattle in there.
A really nice lather from the Arlington scented DR Harris, i am going to run with it all this week. Today whipped up in the 3D printed bowl by @Northam Saint, i find it works really well.
2 passes left a DFS+ finish and as i had the lather i decided to complete an full ATG pass instead of buffing, i am as smooth as a new Billiard ball.
A nice post shave routine finishing with the Vintage 4711.
BBS, Feeling and smelling really good.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Saturday

Haslinger Hönig
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm synth
Face lather
Merkur 37C
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (1)
Alum
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Proraso M&E after shave

The maiden voyage for my newly acquired 37C. It certainly is quite the razor. Following the adage of ‘letting the weight of the razor do the work', I was rewarded with a really close, smooth shave. I always like to use the alum as a gauge to see if my technique is ok with a new razor. No untoward sting; so all's well.

Stay safe, folks; enjoy the weekend as best you can.

FD5FF2A4-4188-44E8-B2A2-021CDB387E39.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom