SOTD: 4th of April to 10th April of 2020

Date:- 04 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Lime | Lavender | Cedarwood
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Wizamet Super Iridium #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

SOTD : 4th April 2020.

a.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men ~ Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush: Yaqi ~ 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Lather : Edwin Jagger ~ Limes & Pomegranate Shaving Cream.

Blade: Astra SP . (1)

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE 89. (Kelvin)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./4711 Original Cologne/ASL.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB.

Tommy Hilfiger ~ Bold EDT Spray

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the second lockdown weekend..I've unfortunately ran out of batteries for my humble Nikon Coolpix L18, so i'll be using my phone for a while until i can get out to buy another batch of batteries...At this present time like everyone else on the planet AA batteries arn't a priority.Enough said.

After a long run with the gillette winner special platinum coated blades,i've gave the astra sp blade a outing as i can't remember the last time i added them to my blade roatation.Second outing of the EJ limes & pomegranate cream, which was kindly gifted to me by @Boycie83 which provided a slick protective lather for the shave leaving a excellent post shave feel.

The EJ de 89 (kelvin)/Astra sp was a comfortable safe duo,resulting in a silky smooth 3 pass +pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few generous squirts of Tommy Hilfiger bold edt spray to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine. ;)

Stay Safe,be strong,and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:

SOTD : 4th April 2020.

View attachment 53167

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men ~ Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush: Yaqi ~ 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Lather : Edwin Jagger ~ Limes & Pomegranate Shaving Cream.

Blade: Astra SP . (1)

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE 89. (Kelvin)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./4711 Original Cologne/ASL.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB.

Tommy Hilfiger ~ Bold EDT Spray

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the second lockdown weekend..I've unfortunately ran out of batteries for my humble Nikon Coolpix L18, so i'll be using my phone for a while until i can get out to buy another batch of batteries...At this present time like everyone else on the planet AA batteries arn't a priority.Enough said.

After along run with the gillette winner special platinum coated blades,i've gave the astra sp blade a outing as i can't remember the last time i added them to my blade roatation.Second outing of the EJ limes & pomegranate cream, which was kindly gifted to me by @Boycie83 which provided a slick protective lather for the shave leaving a excellent post shave feel.

The EJ de 89 (kelvin)/Astra sp was a comfortable safe duo,resulting in a silky smooth 3 pass +pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few generous squirts of Tommy Hilfiger bold edt spray to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine. ;)

Stay Safe,be strong,and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Glad you like it Barry (y)

Today's shave:

rdt200404fgjj3.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Night Music
- Semogue Torga C5 Mistura
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with Feather blade
- Tabac man aftershave

:D

SOTD Saturday 4th April
image.jpeg
Prep - Birch tar soap
Razor - Gillette New LC
Blade - Gillette Platinum plus
Soap - OSP - Bay Rum
Brush - Semogue TSN 2018 LE
Post - Thayers astringent / Old Spice aftershave splash

A smooth close shave using the LC, using these NOS Gillette blades only seemed fitting and I'm pleased I did. :)

Paul.

Last edited:
Sat 4th April.

Cyril Salter / MS. ED2band
P & B Citra Royale
Occams - Oren/ Plate 3
Feather Proguard [ 5 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

This is my 3rd Shave with a different Occams Razor. I thought it was a good one yesterday with the Hiram Commander was good, but this one today was even better. The Shave was smooth and comfortable and though there was little blade feel, the combo is so efficient that without any problems an ultra close all round finish was attained. Despite its quirky looks this just has to be one of the best Razors I have used.

IMG_0652.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 53172
SOTD Saturday 4th April

Prep - Birch bark soap
Razor - Gillette New LC
Blade - Gillette Platinum plus
Soap - OSP - Bay Rum
Brush - Semogue TSN 2018 LE
Post - Thayers astringent / Old Spice aftershave splash

A smooth close shave using the LC, using these NOS Gillette blades only seemed fitting and I'm pleased I did. :)

Paul.
Very Nice Paul. How is Taz ?

04/04/20
Pre: shower & Face scrub
Brush: Jayaruh #355 Maggards Knot
Soap: Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE S/S (4)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Arran soap Co. Lochranza
Aftershave: Arran soap Co. Lochranza

Wk15 (1).JPG

Back onto an SE today, i will mix and match this week with some DE's, Spice of Life and all that.
A lovely face lather with the Jayaruh #355, it is made for it, lovely on the face and it can basically lather any soap i throw at it.
2 Passes with the Sabre and a bit of buffing on the stubborn areas, leaving me with a DFS+ finish.
I find the Arran Balm really "feeds" my face leaving it soft and supple, finishing with a splash of the matching aftershave, the scent is quite light & not overpowering but made up of 2 fragrances i really like.
Stay Safe and enjoy your weekend All.

Back
Top Bottom