Soapy soaps recommendations

Wom

Im currently after a couple of more soaps to create a better rotation currently ive got mwf edwin jagger lime and pomegranate, and a palmolive cream. I love the soapy scent of mwf but i find it a bit of a faff to get right ive had nice lathers and poor lathers and all the range inbetween where as with the EJ soap i can only get great results same with the palmolive. Ive got tgs sea citrus in my basket but i need to buff it up with another soap for free delivery so....

What other soaps have that nice soapy scent similer to mwf? Or with a nice mellow scent? Fire your suggestions at me

Im currently after a couple of more soaps to create a better rotation currently ive got mwf edwin jagger lime and pomegranate, and a palmolive cream. I love the soapy scent of mwf but i find it a bit of a faff to get right ive had nice lathers and poor lathers and all the range inbetween where as with the EJ soap i can only get great results same with the palmolive. Ive got tgs sea citrus in my basket but i need to buff it up with another soap for free delivery so....

What other soaps have that nice soapy scent similer to mwf? Or with a nice mellow scent? Fire your suggestions at me
Cyril R. Salter solid soap, very light lavender scent, cheap and a very good soap indeed. P

Wow that's a pretty unanimous vote by the look of it if only shaving station had stock as i was going for the 17.50 free delivery ill check other websites unless theres another soap in the race?

Vie Long shave sticks also have a light soapy smell & perform excellently. Connaught do them at about a fiver a pair.

Edit. It looks like Connaught no longer stock it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wom
Ordered the 57g refill of cyril r salter cheers for the unanimous suggestion you lot. Now just to add another different scent soap to get free delivery on the sea citrus.

Vie-Long were the last of the original LEA formula before the change. The new LEA sticks are still a good soap but now have a different marine type scent. Valobra was the best for a mild, wonderful scent, still can't believe Proraso just closed them down.

Vie-Long were the last of the original LEA formula before the change. The new LEA sticks are still a good soap but now have a different marine type scent. Valobra was the best for a mild, wonderful scent, still can't believe Proraso just closed them down.

Is that confirmed? I remember reading a while back they bought them then closed the factory 'to reorganise operations' or something then Covid hit and I've not heard anything new.

All I heard was that Proraso had bought the factory to make their own range of bath soaps, no mention of anything Valobra & they just had remaing stocks to sell off, no sticks or Fougere tubs when I last contacted them & this was 18 months a go. No one has restocked anything Valobra since then.

Back
Top Bottom