Simpsons Major

I had a perfectly good pill tub and the EJ Brush ready for my holidays. I used the brush on Wednesday as a trial run with my intended shave stick and found I did not like the results. The EJ is way too soft for face lathering (for me), it is still great for bowl lathering. In fact this morning I used it with some DR Harris Lavendar cream that antdad sent me (cheers antdad) it is still a great brush just not the one for me when travelling,.

The pill bottle I got from the pharmacy is a bit too short every other brush I own so I dug around and found a tub that would take the B&B Essential (I like face lathering with that brush), so all was well…or so I thought.

Yesterday I was on the Diamond Edge website and sent a question about if they still offered a discount. Got an instant reply (yes they do 10% to B&B members) and I had a nice email exchange with David. I just could not help myself, I decided I “needed” a really good travel brush and since I do a fair bit of travelling I “deserved” to splash a little.

Also it seems somewhat criminal that I have not tried a Simpsons brush so far, to address this unjust situation my Simpsons Major should be here next week, giving me a few weeks to break it in before I go.

I will post a mini review of this when it arrives as many of the reviews I read on B&B marked the brush down because the sticker came off. I think it is meant to come off, like that sticker on your new television screen that says “It’s a Sony”.

Some have resorted to covering the sicker with nail varnish and writing to Simpsons for replacement stickers. There apparently is some marking underneath the sticker but I believe the sticker itself is just for display, if they wanted it to stay on they would have glued it permanently. Fair enough if you think it looks better with the sticker but I wanted to know how it performed, not that the sticker is crap.

Anyway from what I did gather it seems to be a really good brush, it is no doubt an indulgence purchase which falls into the category of the other thread we have on the brush forum, “Is it worth spending lodsamonsey”

I will find this out soon.

Im sure you will love it as all simpson brushes are great. Another one to consider is the simpsons case, as it comes with a tube for travel too, but is £31. Wont be as good as the major, but is an option.

Never understood the sticker thing. Painting it with nail varnish and fretting about it coming off every time the brush is used always seems somewhat, errrmmm, sad, to me. No offence meant ;) . I actually peeled the label off my Duke after first use. Think it looks far more elegant without it.

philamac said:
Never understood the sticker thing. Painting it with nail varnish and fretting about it coming off every time the brush is used always seems somewhat, errrmmm, sad, to me. No offence meant ;) . I actually peeled the label off my Duke after first use. Think it looks far more elegant without it.

I never really thought twice about it but your'e right mine a coming off looks better without.

Back
Top Bottom