Signed by the author

I have several books signed by the authors. I like the connection that it gives between me and the person that wrote the book I am reading.
My lastest one was purely by chance, a 2nd hand book from Amazon. OK the inscription is to someone else, but its a nice addition to my collection.
Anyone else have signed books? Any tales to tell about them?

SAS Heroes: Pete Scholey.
Thunder in the park: Tom Wheatcroft (I have two copies, both signed as my dad knew him).
Foggy: Carl Fogarty autobiography.
Winning is not enough: Jackie Stewart.
Into the red: Nick Mason (again I have two copies, one 'normal', one 'special bound edition, both signed).
Thrust: Richard Noble (limited Thrust SSC supporters edition).

I am sure I have a few more, will add if I remember them.

After reading my first lee child (jack reacher) book I was blown away, so had a chat with a mate from water stones and managed to get a signed copy for me.

When I say me it was actually my
Mum as it was her birthday the following month - sadly she hates the series of books (something about them being too violent!)

Now if I changed my name to Marilyn I could ask for the book ...

Signed in person? I'd love to shake hands with Cohen and have him scribble on something. Fine artefact there, Sir.
[hr]
I've got a boat load of Sisters of Mercy records (there's a Cohen link ... into the mess that scalpels make) scribbled on by the big E. Loads of ASF scratched by Nik and occasionally Mrs.

... not a big reader. Scotopic sensitivity, and all that; no, not going to wear funny glasses, just do without.

Tom Baker signed Dr Who novel from way back when he was the doctor. I met him in a bookshop in Southampton after queuing a while when I was a lad. I've also got around five different author signed book on the subject of ancient civilisations.

The only signed book I have is Against All Odds by James Hunt.

My grandfather gave it to me on my 13th birthday. I'd have loved to have gone to the signing!

Top Bottom