Should I buy another plate for my GameChanger?

D

Deleted member 11172

TSR members, I need your wisdom and guidance!
I currently use the .68 plate with my GameChanger and I am thinking about buying the .84 as I feel that sometimes the .68 is a little mild.
Looking for anyone who has used either/both and can let me know whether it is worth getting.
I know that it is all subjective and YMMV but any advice is appreciated.

I've had both, bought the .84 plate originally, and although I liked its smoothness I found just a little too bitey for me. I was getting minor weepers with each use. For me the 68 is much better, it's certainly milder, but it does deliver excellent results. Like most things shaving, I think technique is paramount.

I use an 84 ocassionally and personally find it sits on the mild side to what I am used to. It still delivers a great shave though.

As pointed out though technique is the one to work on and may be blade choice. With milder razors I tend to go down the road of Feathers and Polsilvers and recently quite enjoying Gillette 7 O'Clocks.

Try a few changes first and see how it goes

I would be more than willing to loan you my 84 before sticking your neck on the line

@Mr. Blonde @Satanfriendly Forgot to mention in my original post that I briefly used and enjoyed the Executive Shaving Braveheart razor head.
I could not find details of the blade gap/exposure for the Braveheart but assume it would be closer to the .84

@Satanfriendly Thank you so much for the kind offer but as you suggest I will try some different blades before altering the razor configuration.

I have both plates. Both are worth having; they are a steal. Do not even think about it, buy the .84 plate. The .68 for me is a superb design and the better of the two plates but does require a little more work than the .84 to get a close shave; The .68 though is a tad smoother than the .84. There will be days when you choose the .68 and days when you choose the .84.

@Mr. Blonde @Satanfriendly Forgot to mention in my original post that I briefly used and enjoyed the Executive Shaving Braveheart razor head.
I could not find details of the blade gap/exposure for the Braveheart but assume it would be closer to the .84

@Satanfriendly Thank you so much for the kind offer but as you suggest I will try some different blades before altering the razor configuration.

I have a Braveheart head and you are probably not far from correct in that it lies close to the Game Changer. Both are like R89's on steroids.

You do have to be careful though as there is more to 'what makes a razor efficient' than just blade gap.

As you say though, do try other things before you step up as hopefully things will improve without any outlay..

Back
Top Bottom