Shocking!!

Did'nt know where to put this...so iv'e dumped it in here.
USA postage, how does that work ?... Iv'e seen razors on ebay for say $30 and $12 postage...it is a Razor...next razor, $150..same size..weight etc and the postage is over $50...thats just wrong, I paid £35 postage and tax on one razor...that was approx half the razor cost...it is defo prohibitive and I cannot understand the way they workit out...CRAP!!!

Not long ago ebay changed some rules because people were charging too much for postage, they would offer something cheap and kill you with postage. If you think what you paid was excessive, contact ebay.

Where was the item shipped from and to?

From Kentucky to Glasgow, I queried it and was told the seller had signed up to the ebay global posting service or something ?...I was after 2 of his blades and he would not combine postage...because of this global postage thing...i dono :-(

As I understand the eBay Global Shipping Programme you're paying the tax and import fees along with the postage, probably also a commission to eBay. The idea being that it will then go through customs and straight to you with no further intervention.

And if something happens you don't have to deal with it, they even refund the buyer if necessary. You're paying for a shipping "service" not just shipping.

It's good for the seller and for ebay, not so much for the buyer unless you are owed a refund and the seller disappears.

Did'nt know where to put this...so iv'e dumped it in here.
USA postage, how does that work ?... Iv'e seen razors on ebay for say $30 and $12 postage...it is a Razor...next razor, $150..same size..weight etc and the postage is over $50...thats just wrong, I paid £35 postage and tax on one razor...that was approx half the razor cost...it is defo prohibitive and I cannot understand the way they workit out...CRAP!!!
Bob have you considered that the insurance element of shipping increases with the value of item sold? Would you or the vendor only want $30.00 if a $150.00 razor went missing and wasn't covered by PayPal, Credit card cover etc.

They must be making a fortune from it, it is defo restrictive, it cannot be insurance, I bid £12:50 and the postage was £15 and tax was £19:10... Something wrong there, there have been thousands of complaints so far.

They must be making a fortune from it, it is defo restrictive, it cannot be insurance, I bid £12:50 and the postage was £15 and tax was £19:10... Something wrong there, there have been thousands of complaints so far.

LmIkzk1.gif

Back
Top Bottom