Shaving Towels - Recommendations

Looking for recommendations of a good shaving towel (UK based).

Been using standard face flannels to dry face after using alum bloc for years now.

Keen to have a specific towel just for the post shave

I have a couple of the Muhle 'waffle' weave shaving towels (£12 for two) and they are very good but I think 'proper' shaving towels (or barber's towels) like these are geared more for wrapping the heated towel right around the face and behind the head/shoulders, so they are a little longer but narrower in shape than regular towels. I really like waffle weave towels though because they are very absorbent, can be very soft/comfortable, can be easily wrung out to expel most of the water, and can be washed and tried very quickly.

The Muhle towels inspired me to look for other 'waffle' towels at cheaper prices. I ended up buying:
  • Ten white waffle guest towels (online for about £16 the lot), these are around 50cm x 70cm, so not very big, but perfect for simply having a clean towel for drying my face after the final cold water rinse.
  • Six waffle face cloths (again very cheap) ...often targeted primarily at women for makeup removal, but which make excellent hot cloths for shaving. After a shave I can just rinse the towel in hot water, ring it out and hang it over the bath...it's ready to use by the following day, bone dry. Every few days I change it, but the 'used' ones still don't smell or go rancid in any way...they go into the laundry, dry.
I was so impressed with these I then bought half a dozen larger waffle bath towels (inexpensive ones!) to use instead of standard cotton towels after a shower...and they are superb.

Now, instead of the washing machine being used for multiple batches of typical cotton towels on a weekly basis, and taking ages to dry, I put the whole lot of waffle towels in a single wash and they're washed and dried in around an hour ...bloody fantastic!

My point: waffle towels are great and you don't need to spend a fortune specifically on 'shaving towels' unless you're a barber and want to impress your clients.
Shop around and maybe get a couple of really nice quality ones for Sundays;):)(y)

Back
Top Bottom