Shaving Time

Just had my usual email from David at shaving time but this maybe of interest to our friends in Europe (copied and pasted)

IMPORTANT SHIPPING NEWS!

FREE SHIPPING: UK & EU

UK: Free Royal Mail 48HR shipping available on all orders over £15 in value.

EU: Free Royal Mail Tracked shipping available on all orders over £75. Aftershaves and EDT's are excluded from this offer as they must be shipping by UPS Road Services.

(Please note that we cannot guarantee that Royal Mail will adhere to the normal delivery times because of the pandemic)

International Customs Refunds

Since 1st Jan 2021 international customers may be charged with Customs Fees on any orders made from Shaving Time. If you are charged customs fees, please send a copy of the Customs invoice to accounts@shavingtime.co.uk with details of the order number and I will refund up to 20% of your Shaving Time order cost excluding shipping.

I am putting this refund provision in place so that you can continue to buy from Shaving Time without being penalized.

There is a new directive that will be in place in the EU on 1st July, which will mean that I can register for EU Vat in one country as apposed to 26 and then I can make these customs vat payments for you, as I used to do prior to Brexit.

Best wishes.

David McMillan

Owner

Does this mean my European orders are now EU vat free but subject to UK custom duties and VAT on import?

Yes. But for sales under £135, foreign sellers have to register with UK HMRC to pay UK VAT. Places like eBay and AliExpress include by default but some sellers like Goodfellas Smile no longer sell to Europe.
There was a story on the BBC recently saying some European traders have stopped UK orders as there is too much paperwork.

Back
Top Bottom