shaving the SE way

Well I received the Ever Ready [thanks Evvaa] the other day and looking at it didn't really fill me with much confidence; a contraption that takes DIY blades and looks like it would tear half your face off! Well all things considered I put trust in my fellow wet-shavers on TSR and as Steve [Sunbury Boy] had delighted in posting how good a shave he got with one of these I soon had my chops lathered and away we go. i must say this is a very vocal razor and it lets you know it's cutting. One side finished and I really was amazed, smooth and gentle and not in the least bit unwieldy. What got me was the comfort of the shave; it really was that good. Three shaves on the Gem blade is still holding out [I only get three shaves with a feather, that's it] so with the fourth tonight the proof is in the pudding. Still if the blades are consistant I'd be happy with three, this is the go to razor for me. This really does highlight what this forum is about; in this case the generosity of a member and the insight that members provide us with as they post us the pros and cons regarding the plethora of shaving stuff out there. I don't think I would have tried an Ever Ready to be honest. So I dof my cap to you all, regards, Adam.

:icon_razz:
zig zag said:
Well I received the Ever Ready [thanks Evvaa] the other day and looking at it didn't really fill me with much confidence; a contraption that takes DIY blades and looks like it would tear half your face off! Well all things considered I put trust in my fellow wet-shavers on TSR and as Steve [Sunbury Boy] had delighted in posting how good a shave he got with one of these I soon had my chops lathered and away we go. i must say this is a very vocal razor and it lets you know it's cutting. One side finished and I really was amazed, smooth and gentle and not in the least bit unwieldy. What got me was the comfort of the shave; it really was that good. Three shaves on the Gem blade is still holding out [I only get three shaves with a feather, that's it] so with the fourth tonight the proof is in the pudding. Still if the blades are consistant I'd be happy with three, this is the go to razor for me. This really does highlight what this forum is about; in this case the generosity of a member and the insight that members provide us with as they post us the pros and cons regarding the plethora of shaving stuff out there. I don't think I would have tried an Ever Ready to be honest. So I dof my cap to you all, regards, Adam.

Another convert (well sort of) they are very nice shavers, if you get chance, try one of the gem featherweight ones with the cream plastic handle, you wouldn't even know it was cutting yet leaves you as smooth as silk........awesome stuff..

:icon_razz:

On my journey to DE my first none cart razor was a Gem Featherweight which i purchased from someone on here. I soon progressed to a DE, but I must admit I had not used it until the recent SE posts appeared. So this weekend I tried it again.

I did put a post on SOTD but I have incorrectly listed it as a Micromatic.

That aside these do give a lovely shave. The weird thing is getting your head around shaving with a DIY blade. But the shave and the sound are so satisfying. And I agree with SunburyBoy about hardly noticing it cutting.

Back
Top Bottom