shaving the bonce/HeadBlade

not for me chaps but a mate does this now with a Gillette disposable.

went to visit and during post BBQ drinks the subject of shaving came up
as i didn't see any cans of foam in the bathroom, i enquired as to his method's

lo-and behold he uses a brush (GWF :cool: )
but his soap of choice is Cussons-yes the one you wash with :eek:
any-who his lad came home from work and turns out he also uses a brush (yup-with Cussons)
his old man wanted to get him a Badger brush but only found ones for £40

long story, but the up-shot is for his 18th me and the wife are going to get him a brush and proper soap, probably the Vulfix 404 mix and some DRH

first off is some a/s samples via Paul as the crap they use now is the old generic Burtons window type of splash, that is, all smell and no substance.

but back to my original point, i told my mate that you can now buy a razor designed for shaving your heid as it has wheels on.

so, the HeadBlade, any good or avoid like the plague?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.carterandbond.com/detail.phtml?pID=HD1006&filter=Brands:HeadBlade">http://www.carterandbond.com/detail.pht ... :HeadBlade</a><!-- m -->

i'll get him/them addicted to DE's in the future so just this for now

Some people love the headblade. I shave my dome with either a Mach III or one of those King of Shaves 4 blade razors (just until I use up the cartridges that came with the stupid thing). I wouldn't try my DEs on my head. Too scared. Mach III is fine and gentle on my scalp, no ingrowns or rashes.

I noticed it had good reviews at mankind.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mankind.co.uk/HeadBlade-Sport-Scalp-Razor-PRODHBHR8/#reviews">http://www.mankind.co.uk/HeadBlade-Spor ... 8/#reviews</a><!-- m -->

Grow a pair and use the DE on the bonce - highly liberating.

On the days I do the bonce, I do my usual face shave then lather over the top of the dome and just carry on. No drama. After pass 1, a bit of braille... lather up again and catch the bits I missed first time.

Remember to discard the blade after a head shave though - a "spent" face blade is perfectly acceptable on the head, a spent head blade is a trip to A&E on the face.

I've only been DE'ing a couple of months so the dome will have to wait. I may just try when I run out of cartridges. However, where I'm living now sucks for bonce shaving with a DE. I share a bathroom with 5 other people and there is a "bad mirror situation". If I was back in my own private digs with the folding mirror doors on my medicine cabinet (why did I ever leave?) I would feel better about it.

I mucked about with a Headblade when I used to shave my bonce and just couldn't get on with it. I think I tried it on and off for a few months and just got either nicks or stubble. I'm sure it was user error on my part, but it just felt unnatural to not push down when my palm was on top of my head. I went back to the Mach 3 which I have always got pretty good results with on my head. I ended up either Piffing it or selling it on B&B, I can't remember which.

It's a relatively good idea, but I don't think the blades are especially sharp and from a purely superficial viewpoint, it really is an ugly little thing. And the plastic buffer/springy things (technical term) that hold the cartridges in is sheer crapola. You get free ones with the unit, but really, they probably should have thought a bit more about them at the design stage. I broke about 8 of them.

Shaving the head with a DE should present no worries. Spent blades are probably best, and your bonce is much more forgiving than your face, so you can be a little more aggressive. Hunnymonster is right, very liberating!!

Well I "grew a pair" and finally put a DE to my dome. A Gillette NEW with an Astra (if I remember correctly). No cuts, less irritation than a cartridge and doesn't get all clogged like cartridges do. I was a bit more careful than with a Mach 3, but it was so much better.

DE wins again! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom