Shaving & Shoe's?

I have always since as far back as I can remember having a passion when it comes to shoe's, and do mean real shoes made of leather and suede handmade, I could not walk passed a window if it contained a pair of quality boots or shoe's without looking starry eyed at those thinking one day they will be mine, when I finally grow up including my feet so i'm able to walk into that shop and try a pair on, even today aged 51, fine boots and shoe's still excite me, anway I thought I would share this with the TSR. with a few photo's as part of my shoe collection. hope you enjoy them as much as I do :D

Regards Jamie

Loake Brogues with Dr Marten soles

Jamiesshoes001.jpg

Grenson Brogues, Champagne cognac colour
Jamiesshoes002.jpg

Bexley Brogues
Jamiesshoes003.jpg

Ferrenna Ferrari suede boots
Jamiesshoes004.jpg

As comfortable as they probably are there is something just not aesthetically correct about a brouge with a DM sole, I always like a nice desert boot though.

antdad said:
As comfortable as they probably are there is something just not right about a brouge with a DM sole, nice desert boots.

I know where you are comming from Antad, but when you consider the kind of weather we get in the UK, the suede and leather sole brogues just wouldn't take that kind of everday useage, I wear the Loake brogues almost everday in all weathers, that's why I went for them, but I also see your point, if I was looking purely at those from a traditionalist point of veiw, aesthetically the leather sole brogue would certainly come out on top.

Jamie

antdad said:
As comfortable as they probably are there is something just not aesthetically correct about a brouge with a DM sole, .

+1 My exact thought.

For YEARS I wore DM shoes on a daily basis (no, I am NOT a Policeman), but felt that the quality started to get a bit dodgy after production moved abroad.

Ian

IanM said:
antdad said:
As comfortable as they probably are there is something just not aesthetically correct about a brouge with a DM sole, .

+1 My exact thought.

For YEARS I wore DM shoes on a daily basis (no, I am NOT a Policeman), but felt that the quality started to get a bit dodgy after production moved abroad.

Ian

I have also heard that the quality has deteriorated since moving abroad.

Didn't they use also used to be a good value shoe? Now it seems that they are just the same price as other comparable shoes in the market.

Adam D said:
IanM said:
antdad said:

+1 My exact thought.

Ian

I have also heard that the quality has deteriorated since moving abroad.

Didn't they use also used to be a good value shoe? Now it seems that they are just the same price as other comparable shoes in the market.

I think you may be going slightly off the rails, these are not Dr Marten brogues, they are handmade Loake brogues, then fitted by loake Dr Marten soles, not Dr Marten Brogues which are totally different, the Dr Marten made brogue is a cheap copy of a classic shoe.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.loake.co.uk/Shop/Default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.loake.co.uk/Shop/Default.aspx</a><!-- m -->

Jamie.

I'd heard there's a boot/shoe in the Dr Marten range that's guarenteed for life.

Anyway.

Grensons, now you're talking. Got some Stanleys last year and they are the best shoes I've ever owned. I can see another pair of those in my future.

Arrowhead said:
John Lobb. Possibly the most compelling shop window in London, never mind the shaving emporia. One day ... in the meantime the Docs will have to do.

Yes Arrowhead you are right about the John Lobb shop window, but people who can afford those shoe's usually have a second home in the South of france! but seriously they are probably the finest shoe's in the world, before you have a pair made they make a exact copy of your foot out of wood, fhen whenever you want a second pair you just phone up and they have perfect copy of your feet and use those as the last to make them, one day maybe, we can all dream. :)

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom