shaving expert please!/shaving while in the shower

ive used system and disposable multi blade disposable razors from all brands while in the shower and ive had excellent results!!!!! i mean excellent results that i LOVE!!! taking a long shower helps my facial hair soften like easily 80% if not more!!! when i shave against the grain its just smoooooooth!!!! no irritation whatsoever even when atg. just lovin it!!!! now heres the problem. i may not always get the chance to shave while in the shower. i was talking to a friend of mine who knows this guy who considers himself a shaving expert and this is what he told him regarding shaving while in the shower and shaving a couple of minutes after taking a shower at the sink. WHEN YOU SHAVE WHILE IN THE SHOWER ASSUMING ITS A GOOD LONG SHOWER IS THAT YOUR FACIAL HAIR IS SATURATED WITH WATER TO THE POINT WHERE ITS MOIST BY ITSELF AND THATS WHY IT FEELS SO GOOD! IF YOU WAIT A COUPLE OF MINUTES AFTER SHOWERING AND DO IT AT THE SINK ITS NO LONGER THAT MOIST YOUR FACIAL HAIR OF COURSE! YOUVE LOST THAT MOISTURE IN YOUR FACIAL HAIR AT THAT POINT! since he told my friend that, if i wait like 10-15 minutes after taking a long shower and decide to shower at the sink, how can i make my facial hair that moist like in the shower if it that point its no longer 80%+ moist/saturated with water? how can i replicate this assuming it could be done???? can it be done at all or not???? what products could help me replicate this? proraso???? gillette??? aloe vera??? replicate it exactly like im still in the shower saturated with water and that moist?? can anyone or someone please tell me this???? rsvp. thank you.

There is no substitute to shaving in the shower. Period.

However, if you use a soap or canned foam lather in the shower it will be similar to a lather shave at the sink.

For a non-lather shave, a shower shave cannot really be replicated. The closest one can get would be to humidify your bathroom to the point of thick steam, like a steam room. That high degree of humidity, after some minutes, would saturate your skin and hair nearly to the level you'd experience in the shower, but not perfectly, and the trouble one would have to go through to achieve that level of steam (not to mention water condensation getting everywhere), would simply not worth it compared to just getting in the shower.

I shave after showering. I step out and dry everything except my face and then lather my still wet beard at the sink. Trust me, in the minute or two between these two events my beard has not dried out and neither will yours. :rolleyes:

I shave after showering. I step out and dry everything except my face and then lather my still wet beard at the sink. Trust me, in the minute or two between these two events my beard has not dried out and neither will yours. :rolleyes:

Trust me, what you say may sound plausible in theory is absolutely incorrect in practice. A shave at the sink, even a minute or two out of the shower, is in no way comparable to the quality of shave in the shower; specifically if one is shaving without lather. I can assure you this from the experience of a life long shower shaver, and it appears the OP recognizes the same.

Shower shavers are the equivelent of a comb-over, there's not much there so they think you've got away with it.

Not really, as a blade still drags against the entirety of the face no matter how much or little one has. Actually, it's more like getting to business without the use of a rubber. People only use one when they don't know what they're doing with filthy, random strangers...

Little men need more protection though, and I wouldn't deny you all the protection you can get... ;)

Why would you shave without lather?
I would argue a latherless shave is seriously sub-par compared to a shave using a good soap, in the shower or otherwise

I have experience both using lather, and not. Without, the sense of touch is increased to the point of knowing by touch how to adjust the use of the razor at different contours of the face. Much of this sense is lost with the use of a buffer like lather. Likewise, going lather-less actually reduces the chance of nicks or irritation, because being slightly less slick allows the blade to slow down just enough to allow for greater control. More control, heightened awareness, and for those with experience of their technique, safer.

That almost shiny post shave feeling with lather is silkier, but is almost like a feminine softness. Lather-less post shave is also smooth and clean but lacking the feminine, silky sheen. In that department, I guess it depends on what type of a man you are for what you prefer.

Not really, as a blade still drags against the entirety of the face no matter how much or little one has. Actually, it's more like getting to business without the use of a rubber. People only use one when they don't know what they're doing with filthy, random strangers...

Little men need more protection though, and I wouldn't deny you all the protection you can get... ;)

I have experience both using lather, and not. Without, the sense of touch is increased to the point of knowing by touch how to adjust the use of the razor at different contours of the face. Much of this sense is lost with the use of a buffer like lather. Likewise, going lather-less actually reduces the chance of nicks or irritation, because being slightly less slick allows the blade to slow down just enough to allow for greater control. More control, heightened awareness, and for those with experience of their technique, safer.

That almost shiny post shave feeling with lather is silkier, but is almost like a feminine softness. Lather-less post shave is also smooth and clean but lacking the feminine, silky sheen. In that department, I guess it depends on what type of a man you are for what you prefer.

You have deep insecurities, you try too hard to seem manly. Bullied in school?

You have deep insecurities, you try too hard to seem manly. Bullied in school?

Actually, I never had the need to think of examples such as those until others lacking any experience decided to comment. Clarification for the ignorant is not being insecure. But we can talk more about your feelings if you're desperately feeling the need.

I shave using lather in the shower! No need for a mirror, never any nicks, 5 mornings a week. I have a very course, thick beard and a two pass shave with touch ups works brilliantly for me. Accepting that I am in the shower a while longer and thus using more water. Anyway I don't think I have any issues........[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom