Shaving brush repairs in the UK

Hi all: I have acquired an old (1940s) men's shaving/toilet set in a leather case. It's not in tip-top condition but I would like to repair and restore two of the shaving components: a badger travel brush (stored inside the metal handle and then screwed into said handle for use); and a rusted and stiff J W Stutter straight-edge razor (I'll ask in another forum about restoring the razor).
Regarding the brush, the badger bristles of the brush are all falling out ... they would drop out altogether with the merest drop of water.
So I wondered if there are companies in the UK that can re-knot old brushes and if anyone can point me at contact details for them.
The brush isn't a valuable antique by any means, but if it can be restored for a decent price I would like to give it a new lease of life (same for the J W Stutter razor).
Many thanks in advance, Julian

Hi Mervyn: many thanks... I have attached four pictures here.
As mentioned, this isn't a valuable brush (unless I'm wildly mistaken) but as it's part of a set I would like to have it repaired if feasible. Also, I like the style of this travel brush, though I assume this type is still available somewhere to be.
Regards, Julian

Attachments

• brush 1.jpg
    brush 1.jpg
    432.1 KB · Views: 42
  • brush 2.jpg
    brush 2.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 39
  • brush 3.jpg
    brush 3.jpg
    525 KB · Views: 39
  • brush 4.jpg
    brush 4.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 40
Morning Julian looks we can restore that ok, if you say the knot comes out quite easy then this is the major part out of the way, sometimes they are a pig to get out, I don't restore a lot of brushes but always give a look first Julian and in this case looks like I might be able to help. Let me know what your options are in regards to knots, if you can remove the knot that would be great I will do the clean-up and re-knotting, if it is a stubborn knot steam will help a great deal. see how you get on. Let me know.

Mervyn

Back
Top Bottom