Shave ready straights

Hi all, I'm making room in my collection for some recent acquisitions and so have a handful of straights for sale, all are shave ready to my standard and have been sterilised and are ready to use straight away. All will be posted via RM standard 2nd class and the postage cost to the U.K. is included in the listed price. Paypal fees and any requests for additional postage services are not.

First up is a Gold Dollar, this has had the shoulders ground down and takes an excellent edge. £10

IMG_20191014_160955.jpgIMG_20191014_160902.jpg

Next, An older blade, Thomas Elin "The Silver King" has a few age related marks on the blade, if one was determined i'm sure they could be polished out, scales all good. £20

IMG_20191014_160309.jpgIMG_20191014_160241.jpg

And finally an excellent condition Kropp, 5/8th in original box, fantastic razor with a wicked edge, only selling as i have a another the same and so this is sitting around un-used. SOLD

IMG_20191014_160526.jpgIMG_20191014_160712.jpg

Thanks for looking, any queries or questions feel free to get in touch via PM.

Last edited:
Explain what you mean by "shave ready to my standard".

Does that mean honed by someone who does this a lot, within the last month, or 6 months + since being sent off. Or even "done myself". So much breadth to the statement.

If I made that statement, it would mean it shaves me well... It may not be your standard because most people have different beard growths, light...heavy... course..fine etc, if I was buying a razor and the seller made that statement I would be quite happy with that, new razors are seldom shave ready.

Explain what you mean by "shave ready to my standard".

Does that mean honed by someone who does this a lot, within the last month, or 6 months + since being sent off. Or even "done myself". So much breadth to the statement.

It means that i would call this shave ready and could pick up the razor and it would shave me BBS without effort, however as @Bob1955 points out some folk have very particular requirements for a shave ready blade and it may not meet theirs.

For clarity all of the blades for sale above will pass the hanging hair test with ease and tree top the hairs on my arms and legs.

Sorry for any confusion.

It means that i would call this shave ready and could pick up the razor and it would shave me BBS without effort, however as @Bob1955 points out some folk have very particular requirements for a shave ready blade and it may not meet theirs.

For clarity all of the blades for sale above will pass the hanging hair test with ease and tree top the hairs on my arms and legs.

Sorry for any confusion.
No no apology necessary! I was looking at your items yesterday and just wondered if I could judge "shave ready" since many items sold as such are not (in the eyes of others, as you said!)

Thank you for clarification

Back
Top Bottom