Shave Ready Gold Dollar

Go for it, about £6 I think... Was easy, just take a wee bit off the toe and heel first...I used a dremmel but I cooda got away with coarse wet n dry.

Youre Doin Fine if Ya Can Hone Up a Gold Dollar 66....They Can be Wee Buggers on the Hones & Yeah Sometimes Some of the Heel Area & Stabilizers Have to be Ground Away to get Em Properly on the Hone...I Hate Honing the 66 Model...They are a Pet Hate of Mine on the Hones..:ROFLMAO::p:ROFLMAO:

Billy

Im quite happy wi it Billy, the edge is clean n shiny and sharp, I canny see wht it widny shave well...but we shall see :) prolly try it tomorrow, I went 1.2k stone, 3k, 6k, 8k then onto the wee hone stone I bought...it came off that absolutly fantastic, then gave it a wee polish on 0.3 lapping film and a leather strop...mad sharp noo...

Im quite happy wi it Billy, the edge is clean n shiny and sharp, I canny see wht it widny shave well...but we shall see :) prolly try it tomorrow, I went 1.2k stone, 3k, 6k, 8k then onto the wee hone stone I bought...it came off that absolutly fantastic, then gave it a wee polish on 0.3 lapping film and a leather strop...mad sharp noo...
Hmmm...no as great as I thought...completed the shave...but it was a bit ruff...not pulling...just ruff...strange..one thing..I was in a rush and did not follow my usual pre routine...no excuses tho...I will look at it again tonight and try n smooth it out

Ok...had a good look at the razor, one side was great, nice straight bevel and highly polished...the other side not so much...it was quite dull and scratchy, I put it on my finest stone then 14k lapping film followed by 30k lapping film...that evened the sides out ( yes I done both sides again) gave it 10 on pasted strop and 100 on leather...it NOW seems shave ready, it is very easy to fall back into what you think is shave ready...you forget...but I have two blades honed by fergiebilly and I keep them as my go to razors to compare with..I have used them to shave, but stopped before they get dull :) .
im waiting on a 12k shapton which I hope will enrich my honing :) .

Back
Top Bottom