Shave of the day w/c Saturday 29th August 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday 29 August.

Following up on suggestions made on my soap thread a Tabac soap stick arrived yeaterday. Plus an after shave sample.

I applied the stick directly to my wet face. Lathered with my Kent BK8. In less than a minute I had a superb lather and shaved with my Merkur razor.

What have I been missing all these years?! Really delighted with the shave. To finish off I used the after shave sample. I loved that too. I have seen no mention of using the after shave and stick in combination. Seems an obvious thing to do to me. So I will be following that up in due course.

Meanwhile I have some other products to try.

Re: Shave of the Day w/c Saturday 22nd August 2009

Saturday

Kent Soap
EJ Best
'71 Super Speed
Yellow 7 0'Clock Sharp Edge
Harvard A/S

Something didn't feel quite right today, can't put my finger on it, you know when something seems too easy????

Saturday

Omega Boar
Twist/Knack
Red IP (new)

Proraso pre/post (used pre as well as post for a change)
Tabac

Best shave in quite a while. I do like the Twist, although it seems to leave a little to be desired in the grip department. It seems strangely devoid of character, neither mild nor aggressive, but none the worse for that.

Saturday

Fatboy
Super Iridium (1)
Valobra stick
Alum
Witch hazel
Trumper's Extract of Limes Aftershave and Eau de Cologne

OOOOH I am in heaven, just had the best shave in a long time. I have no shaved since Tues am, so my face was getting quite itchy and swelling was down enough.
Shave tailored to be as gentle as poss....

Shower, KOS pro face wash
EJ Chats' silvertip
Trumpers Rose cream
Futur with a new Feather
four passes starting set at 1, 1.5, 2 all WTG
new sink of water after 2nd as full of hair
final pass still set at 2 but cross grain

Elemis daily moisture boost
DR Harris freshening cologne

Very gentle and relaxing, the rose cream really goes with a glass of champagne (have not had drink all week) few swigs between passes.
Was not as close as could be but I was not able to stretch face but very mild and no burn at all.

Saturday

Gillette Sensor Excel
The Body Shop Boar Brush
Palmolive Shave Stick
Boots Freshwood asb

I've wanted to do this for a while. I call this a "local" shave, as everything in it can be bought during a stroll into town; shopping the old fashioned way!

I've had the brush for years, and found it at the back of the drawer.

I was PIF'd the balm (thanks HM/boab), which is surprisingly thick. I have a feeling that it may be too heavy for some parts of my face, we'll see.

I've posted this in last "week's" by mistake. Why does a week on shaving forums start on the wrong day? Here it's on a Saturday, on Shave My Face it's on a Monday, when actually, the first day of the week is Sunday.

Ian

Saturday

Yazo honeybee soap
Bk4 brush
Joseph rogers and sons full wedge
Isis marks and sparks a/s balm
Isis marks and sparks a/s

Stropped 24 times on leather supplied by Neil miller

Red hot shower, face scrubb and relax, made soap in scuttle and filled with
Boiling water. Left for ten mins while drying off then applied soap re stropped
10 times, did a 3 pass wtg,xtg and atg rinsed face with hot water then re lathered
Altered attack angle and did one final pass wtg.
Bbs without a dought, and the best straight shave to date.
Rinsed with cold water applied as balm and rubbed well into face
Then the a/s
No nicks or weepers
Result Dam Fine Shave. Kudos to Neil Miller

Thought I would try an oil shave yesterday....

Merkur HD
Swede blade
One Planet Shaving Oil

Really smooth and surprisingly pleasant shave. I love to lather up with a brush, but this is definitely a decent travel option. There was no need for post shave balm, as the oil left my face moisturized and soft. 3 drops of he oil is sufficient with plenty of hot water to get a great shave.

Deffo worth a try!

Sunday

Fatboy on 4
Super Iridium (2)
Palmolive stick
Alum
Witch hazel
Penhaligon's Racquets EdT- a sample vial which I spilt all over me. Sod it.

Told the wife not to put any perfume on when we go out this aft.

Sunday

Gillette Sensor Excel
Proraso (green tube)
St. James Badger Brush
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

A bit late posting, but have spent most of the day ridding my pc of a seemingly unmoveable trojan. Nothing that a good old format and re-install didn't cure.

Ian

IanM said:
spent most of the day ridding my pc of a seemingly unmoveable trojan.
I'm sympathetic: that kind of mularky caused me to ditch Microsoft entirely in the end. Anyway...

Sunday

Omega Boar
Flair tip Rocket
Wilkinson UK (new)

Mitchells Wool Fat
Taylors sandalwood a/s

First shave with the Rocket, and a very nice one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom