Shave of the Day w/c Saturday 25th July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merkur HD (Gold)
Brand new Nacet blade (a big thank you to Magicpixie for these!)
ToBs Lavender Shaving Cream
ToBs Badger Brush
Boots Botanicals scent free balm/moisturiser
Mandate* shower gel, body spray and EDT

Hot shower followed by a great shave, really smooth.

* as mentioned on a previous thread, we're heading out tonight for grub and a few drinkies (28th Wedding Anniversary), so the Mandate is a retro nod to when my wife and I used step out together. Classic 70s scent, anyone else remember it?

Re: Shave of the Day Saturday 25th July 2009

Palmolive soap (from bowl)
Semogue 1305 boar brush
1956 Flairtip Superspeed
Derby blade
Lush moisturiser

First time with a boar brush - face lathered. Compared to my EJ SB it really means business. It will be my first choice for soaps in future. Shaved a thick four day beard with no problems.

Saturday/Sabado
Semogue 1305 boar brush
Florena shaving cream
GEM 1912 with Ted Pella blade
Floid AS Vigoroso
Caswell Massey ASB

A lot of blood today on my neck.Switching from DE into SE always gives me a first hard shave.The Florena is a great cream too.

Merkur HD loaded with a Swede
Edwin Jagger BBB
Superlather consisting of Honeybee Spa "Yuzu" soap (Cheers Ratty!) and TOBS sensitive cream
One planet ASB

Super, super smooth! Have only used an HD once before and didn't like it. Glad I went back to it. :D

Sunday

«O Melhor» Pre-Shave Soap
Restored Vintage «Star» Brush now with short and dense Pure Badger hair.
Tabac Soap
Henckels Friodur 7/8 w/ decorated spine
«444» Alum Block
Tabac After Shave Splash
«444» After Shave Balm

sotd260709.jpg

Just about to do this one before popping out:

Jagger Chatsworth with Personna
Trumper Sandalwood Cream
Simpson Duke 1 Best
DR Harris Aftershave Milk
Trumper Spanish Leather cologne

Tuesday

Vulfix #2443 Pure Badger Brush
Trumpers Coconut Oil Soap
Gillette Fat-Handled Tech (nodate)
Tesco Personna Blade (cheap+cheerful)
Boots Witch Hazel
Old Spice AS

Martes/Tuesday
Kells Hemp blend Casbah mint shaving soap
Semogue 1305 boar brush
GEM MM open comb with Ted Pella blade(4th shave)
Kinesia Artic AS

I cant stop touching my face .I did get one outstanding shave today.By parts:
It was my first day trying one of the Kells shaving soap samples.I decided to go for the Casbah Mint hemp blend cuz the scent:its a really nice invigorating scent,similar to Iced Zub Zero but a little bit more "crispy",perfect for this summer heat.I tried to make thick lather with it;at the beginning the soap lathers up so easily creating a thick lather,but that lather goes thinner in a couple minutes,so I thought.."no,no,this is not gonna be too much cushiony or protective..."..too far away from the truth.Since the first stroke I felt how the razor literally glided over my face with no effort at all.I had the feeling like shaving with a super protective oil,so I bet that the hemp oil is just great for shaving and for its skin properties.I went 1 wtg,1 xtg and 2 atg,yes 2 atg with the GEM MM open comb.My face felt so nice after the shave and I just see how protective this hemp blend could be.
The Semogue 1305 is performing so great.If I wouldnt know boar and somebody would tell me:"thats a finest badger brush" I would totally believe it cuz the brush its stiff while its dry but once is wet turns so soft with a great backbone(better than any badger brush).

Teiste said:
Martes/Tuesday
Kells Hemp blend Casbah mint shaving soap
Semogue 1305 boar brush
GEM MM open comb with Ted Pella blade(4th shave)
Kinesia Artic AS

I cant stop touching my face .I did get one outstanding shave today.By parts:
It was my first day trying one of the Kells shaving soap samples.I decided to go for the Casbah Mint hemp blend cuz the scent:its a really nice invigorating scent,similar to Iced Zub Zero but a little bit more "crispy",perfect for this summer heat.I tried to make thick lather with it;at the beginning the soap lathers up so easily creating a thick lather,but that lather goes thinner in a couple minutes,so I thought.."no,no,this is not gonna be too much cushiony or protective..."..too far away from the truth.Since the first stroke I felt how the razor literally glided over my face with no effort at all.I had the feeling like shaving with a super protective oil,so I bet that the hemp oil is just great for shaving and for its skin properties.I went 1 wtg,1 xtg and 2 atg,yes 2 atg with the GEM MM open comb.My face felt so nice after the shave and I just see how protective this hemp blend could be.
The Semogue 1305 is performing so great.If I wouldnt know boar and somebody would tell me:"thats a finest badger brush" I would totally believe it cuz the brush its stiff while its dry but once is wet turns so soft with a great backbone(better than any badger brush).

Really appreciate your SOTD descriptions Teiste. Have only used the 1305 four times and really enjoying it. For some reason it makes me feel very manly :eek: Looking forward to how the brush develops...

Yes good recovery PC, nice to hear you are shaving again.

Today for me it was,

Simpsons Major brush (breaking it in for hols - review to follow)
Moos Shave Stick
Kai Blade in a Red Tip
Proraso A/S splash followed my some DR Harris A/S Milk before I left the house (lovely stuff)

Wee layer of Palmolive cream whilst lathering;
Tabac soap (Cannot believe how good this is, every time as well)
With Men-U Bristle brush
Shaved with Lux razor
With Wilkinson Sword (UK made) blade
Lather provided 3 passes, easy peasy too WTG, WTG & XTG, cannot do ATG on my neck or it's ingrown hair hell,
Finished with Shave Den Coconut Lime Verbena A/S splash
Fantabulous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom