Sergej special

Got through 2 days ago so only 4 days from Latvia to the UK.
Absolutely freakin' awesome! Craftsmanship is sublime, perfect in all aspects! Out of the very nice presentation box it is shave ready , passed (if not smashed) all the HHt I tried !
It's a big razor make no doubts, the tungsten steel makes it heavy but not overly so ! The build is quite subtle, as subtle as a 8/8s chopper can be , classy Black highly polished buffalo horn scales compliment the clean no nonsense lines of the perfectly ground blade. Pins are perfect , nice tight feel to the folding action with the edge landing perfectly square between the scales!
For this amount of craftsmanship by one dedicated artisan the small price I gave for it , for me , was the bargain of the century!
Would recommend all straight users to bag one before either the price goes sky high or he stops making (god forbid)!

See Fatboys link above for the link to his eBay sales. He will also take on custom jobs any blade shape, grind , scales etc etc !

I wonder if he is willing to sell a blade only so that I could make and fit my own scales?
Nisse , I went for the tungsten which comes at a premium! If you go r100 carbon then what you would bag one of those “off the peg” guys for would easily give you scope to rescale in the UK. Either that or Sergej is a really nice guy , mail him and ask if he can rescale in a material to your choice, I'm sure it would be no problem!

ene.jpg
I would like to do the rescaling myself, will try and locate his mailadress and ask about buying just a blade.
(pic is a vintage Swedish Klas Törnblom with custom scales I made from two butter knives in juniper wood, managed to crack the original ones cleaning the razor, got better raw material to work with now so bring it on Sergej :))

Last edited:
View attachment 36204
I would like to do the rescaling myself, will try and locate his mail adress and ask about buying just a blade.
(pic is a Klas Törnblom razor with custom scales I made from two butter knives in juniper wood :) )

Think you could get Sergej to make a blade only in any format your heart desires ! For sure your scales are going to have some living up to do against the the blade you will get - nice challenge. Something burr walnut, pippy maple with a funky stain ohh the options!

Back
Top Bottom