SE RAZORS

Hi Gents
Over the last few days I've been alternating between The Supply & the Razorock Hawk and have had some fantastic shaves I have a Rocnel Se-G
on it's way ( coming with my Son in August from across the pond) which I'm looking forward to using
The shaves I've had equal or better my de razors!!
My question is has anyone switched to using SE,s exclusively ?I have my eye on either or Blackland Vector & Sabre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Gents
Over the last few days I've been alternating between The Supply & the Razorock Hawk and have had some fantastic shaves I have a Rocnel Se-G
on it's way ( coming with my Son in August from across the pond) which I'm looking forward to using
My question is has anyone switched to using SE,s exclusively ?I have my eye on either or Blackland Vector & Sabre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am getting there, i will not though, i have a few DE keepers in my collection and force them into the rotation. The Vector is my Favorite at present, The Sabre is chomping at the bit for a run out and he may get his chance tomorrow morning. Variety is the spice of life.

I still use my top DE razors every now and then, but mostly call on on SEs. The Vector is my favourite at the moment, with a Feather Pro Super blade; I find it hard to see how a razor could shave much better. However, the ATT SE1 is very close behind, only losing out because it's just a little harder to use under my nose.

I like to use both types; both modern razors and vintage. Although I'm alternating between a stainless General and an ATT S1 this week, there's no doubt that the SE gives a remarkably good shave. However, I'm itching for another session with the Occam's.

Hi Gents
I have pretty much switched to SE only, but almost exclusively vintage SE.
Most modern SE use the wrong blades (Feather AC - too wide - or half-DE - too flimsy)
The few that use GEM blades are not to my liking (Rocnel SE-G)
The Bunny V3 I love so much does qualify as a modern SE, but you can't buy one.
Get a 1912 or a Micromatic OC (my current favourite)

Hopefully you can guide me in the right direction, having taken a preference to SE shaving I an finding it difficult to get a close shave under the nose area. I have tried different SE razors but am thinking it may be my technique. Any suggestions as to a good all rounder for us SE shavers would be grateful.

Hopefully you can guide me in the right direction, having taken a preference to SE shaving I an finding it difficult to get a close shave under the nose area. I have tried different SE razors but am thinking it may be my technique. Any suggestions as to a good all rounder for us SE shavers would be grateful.

Just takes a bit of patience and some pulling of odd faces. Kind of a bit like chewing a lemon.

A gentle ATG with very short strokes certainly let's me get right under the nose. I also find it depends on which razor I use. The Colonial General is a gift here but the Mongoose is a little more of a challenge as I find it means more towards the aggressive side of the story. Not to say the General doesn't shave closer, because it does, it just seems friendlier.

The Oneblade is more awkward than anything with the blade being set further back.

A touch of preshave oil and a good lather goes a long way as expected.

I've been a DE shaver most of the time I've been traditional wet shaving, but I also own a Supply V2, Colonial General, RazoRock Hawk, Schick 'L' Type Clone, and a GEM Featherweight. I don't currently have comfortable shaves with either Colonial General, RazoRock Hawk (less to do with technique as I tried many times), the blades have been either too efficient (Feather Artist Club Professional, Feather Artist Club Professional Super and Kai Captain Titan Mild) or useless (Feather Professional SoftGuard and Feather Artist Club ProGuard)). I'm still undecided about the GEM Featherweight but as of yet I haven't had a decent shave with that either, so I'm not holding my breath on that as there seems to be less GEM style blades available than Injector style blades.

However, the Supply V2 (not the Schick 'L' Type Clone yet) has recently become my number one razor out of over a dozen I own when combined with a Schick B-20 blade. So much so, I'm seriously looking into vintage Schick Injector Razors. This recently turn of events leads me to believe I'll eventually become a Schick man.

Last edited:
I don't currently have comfortable shaves with either Colonial General,

First time I've heard of the General being uncomfortable. With a new blade it can be a bit threatening but after that fine and dandy razor.

A superb razor and just a shame they don't make them anymore

I've recently bought the Occam's V1 AC-blade razor, and it's superb.

I've had a moustache for decades, and therefore "under the nose/upper lip" hasn't been anything I concern myself with.

However, it seems to have been a problem for some Occams V1 users, which is why the latest "OREN" version has a reduced SB to facilitate shaving the upper lip.

I was very sceptical about this razor, but I find it's at least equal to, and mostly better, than the other ACs I have, including all Generals, two Hawk types, Mongoose, Alumigoose, Rocnel SE50, Claymore.

I also have many injector razors, with the modern being Supply V1, and the rest most of the Schick and PAL variants. The big difference between these and the AC blade razors is, in my opinion, the lack of choice and quality blades now available.

Not to say that a decent shave can't be got from most of these razor and blade combinations, but, for me, the Occam's is in a league of its own

Back
Top Bottom