SE Noob

Hi all,

As the title says I'm a noob at SE shaving. I've been traditional wet shaving for 5 years with DE razors and only just got interested in SE's this month. I'm 34 from Lincoln, England, and I'm a CNC machinist.

I'm finding the shaving angles a bit of a learning curve but not so sharp a learning curve as starting from scratch as I did with DE's.

I'm enjoying reading the posts on here from the experienced voices and novices alike.

To date I have a: GEM MMCP, ER 1912, Henckels Rapide, Henckels (I've not determined this model yet), Blackland Sabre, Blackland Vector, ER Heavy Flat Top, OB Core, OB Genesis, RR Hawk, Supply V2, G8 Schick, M1 Schick Dial, J3 Schick Golden 500. If I have any terms of codes wrong please enlighten me!

Anyway, thank you for reading and I hope to interact with you all more :D

Thom

Hi all,

As the title says I'm a noob at SE shaving. I've been traditional wet shaving for 5 years with DE razors and only just got interested in SE's this month. I'm 34 from Lincoln, England, and I'm a CNC machinist.

I'm finding the shaving angles a bit of a learning curve but not so sharp a learning curve as starting from scratch as I did with DE's.

I'm enjoying reading the posts on here from the experienced voices and novices alike.

To date I have a: GEM MMCP, ER 1912, Henckels Rapide, Henckels (I've not determined this model yet), Blackland Sabre, Blackland Vector, ER Heavy Flat Top, OB Core, OB Genesis, RR Hawk, Supply V2, G8 Schick, M1 Schick Dial, J3 Schick Golden 500. If I have any terms of codes wrong please enlighten me!

Anyway, thank you for reading and I hope to interact with you all more :D

Thom

Welcome to the forum and for someone who is a noob to SE shaving you certainly have an impressive list of weaponry. However still think you need to add a Colonial General at some point. Best SE I've met to date together with a Cobra. Both are sublime.

Great choice of shaving direction though and don't blame you for taking the SE route.

Welcome to the forum and for someone who is a noob to SE shaving you certainly have an impressive list of weaponry. However still think you need to add a Colonial General at some point. Best SE I've met to date together with a Cobra. Both are sublime.

Great choice of shaving direction though and don't blame you for taking the SE route.
Hey hey,

I have also been considering The General. I've been keeping my eye on it but I'm unsure what the consensus is on the aluminium version(?(

I've followed you both I'm also new to how forums work so apologies if I'm stepping on toes!

No problem at all.

Forums work? They are what you make them. To be honest this place is really good as the members are well founded and great at answering any question you may have. Other than that they are just decent folk. I have been on (and thrown off) some non shaving forums as a number of members were just single minded arrogant opinionated idiots.

To date I have a: GEM MMCP, ER 1912, Henckels Rapide, Henckels (I've not determined this model yet), Blackland Sabre, Blackland Vector, ER Heavy Flat Top, OB Core, OB Genesis, RR Hawk, Supply V2, G8 Schick, M1 Schick Dial, J3 Schick Golden 500.
Hello and welcome. You've amassed a nice SE collection.
There is the TOST forum dedicated to SE's. Well worth checking out.

Back
Top Bottom