schick Injector

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
I just took delivery of one from the bay.Looks to be in good condition and with free hair.Anyone used one before?

Apologies for the pic quality, it's a phone camera.

[attachment=1]

[attachment=0]

Attachments

• sc1.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 64
  • sc2.jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 64
Nice looking razor Boab. I do not know the first thing about them, eventhough they are often talked about in other places.

Do they take the same blade as a Gem?

Looks the same as one I have, an E3 Popularity model.

I used it regularly for several months but since I ran out of NOS blades I've not managed to find a good replacement; the new blades just don't feel as smooth or cut as well although I do have a pack of these which feel better.

I had read that German produced blades are not as good as the newest Chinese produced ones, how you tell the difference I don't know but German production has ceased so perhaps wait a while and fingers crossed ;)

Not the same blade as the GEM.

I have 2 injectors, 1 like yours as yet untried and a type L which is a newer model 60's to 80's i believe and a bit mider in the shaves which i have used and to be honest found rather poor to what i have read about them though it is still in my rotation and will have another go with it and with the older version, let us know if you use it.

I have a couple of injectors, a type J and a type M adjustable. I have found that the blades from Paul (connaught) work ok, but having said that I've not had any of the NOS to compare them with.

The type that you have, and my type J are quite aggressive, so go steady.

Ian

Back
Top Bottom