Schick injector

Is Ebay realistically the best/only place to buy a schick? Been itching to try one but the majority on Ebay are abroad and taking into account postage they look a bit expensive. Any tips on where to find one would be greatly appreciated.

@JIMBO1878 - Hello mate - I own a few Schicks - I'm very fond of them - in my opinion they are excellent razors - all were bought on this forum - on BST over the years - depending on which type you are after - have a look at this -

Three of the razors he had on offer that are marked as sold - I bought from @N_Architect recently - he is a gentleman to deal with - see what you think - I'd recommend him as a seller - assuming that you are in the UK - no postage hassles whatsoever - hope this helps - yours - I.

@JIMBO1878 - Hello mate - I own a few Schicks - I'm very fond of them - in my opinion they are excellent razors - all were bought on this forum - on BST over the years - depending on which type you are after - have a look at this -

Three of the razors he had on offer that are marked as sold - I bought from @N_Architect recently - he is a gentleman to deal with - see what you think - I'd recommend him as a seller - assuming that you are in the UK - no postage hassles whatsoever - hope this helps - yours - I.

It's the L type I'm drawn to. Lost out on one earlier today at nearly 40 quid.

I'll check the link out mate. I'm quite a way short of being able to dip in to the BST section but I'm not one to speed post just to get in there.

You need patience.
I just had a look at eBay completed items and there were two decent injectors selling for under a tenner posted during the last month.
For way less than 40 quid you can get injectors from the US including postage.
Also... everything from type I onwards shaves the same.

Same as riverrun has said, patience. They are easy to buy for sub £20.

Here's some useful info on variances, in case you haven't seen it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is Ebay realistically the best/only place to buy a schick? Been itching to try one but the majority on Ebay are abroad and taking into account postage they look a bit expensive. Any tips on where to find one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I think you are right about having patience. The ones I've seen have all had their box so I think that's why the prices have been quite high. Got my eye on a couple at the moment so will see how they go.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I think you are right about having patience. The ones I've seen have all had their box so I think that's why the prices have been quite high. Got my eye on a couple at the moment so will see how they go.
Agreed, many are in boxes, or NOS, and prices are sky high especially if mailed from over the pond. Then of course UK Import Duty wants a piece of the action too. Although I was checking eBay for about three weeks before I found a listing that interested me. So long as you keep you eyes peeled, you'll spot an Schick Injector Razor without a box. Mine was really mucky, the seller may didn't want much for it, I made an offer slightly lower (below the UK Import Duty) and they accepted (which I thought was very kind). Just make sure you avoid razors with plate loss, oxidization, and rust. Though not impossible to re-plate if you need to (dependent on the razor), it'd be a pointless/expensive exercise if you then don't like shaving with it. So long as you're not adverse to cleaning, sanitizing, and polishing, there are deals to be had. Patience is definitely the key.

Agreed, many are in boxes, or NOS, and prices are sky high especially if mailed from over the pond. Then of course UK Import Duty wants a piece of the action too. Although I was checking eBay for about three weeks before I found a listing that interested me. So long as you keep you eyes peeled, you'll spot an Schick Injector Razor without a box. Mine was really mucky, the seller may didn't want much for it, I made an offer slightly lower (below the UK Import Duty) and they accepted (which I thought was very kind). Just make sure you avoid razors with plate loss, oxidization, and rust. Though not impossible to re-plate if you need to (dependent on the razor), it'd be a pointless/expensive exercise if you then don't like shaving with it. So long as you're not adverse to cleaning, sanitizing, and polishing, there are deals to be had. Patience is definitely the key.

I managed to bag a nos boxed shick type j with blades on Ebay for 24 quid posted. It arrived the other day and is spot on. A good clean and barbicide soak and the shaves I've had have been excellent.Screenshot_20190531-154659_eBay.jpg

Congrats! Its always nice to hear about a shaving success story. What injector blades are you using?

Cheers.

I bought some personna blades from connaught but not tried them yet. I have been using the pack of blades that came with the razor. My friends son is currently working in Japan so going to see if he can get hold of a stock of schick blades for me. Will just have to wait until he comes home.

I bought some personna blades from connaught but not tried them yet. I have been using the pack of blades that came with the razor. My friends son is currently working in Japan so going to see if he can get hold of a stock of schick blades for me. Will just have to wait until he comes home.

Most people have the opinion that Personna are ok, but Schick are better, me included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh, I envy you! Schick B-20 Injector blades on the cheap! I agree with Mbarn, I'm currently having some of my best shaves with B-20s.

Back
Top Bottom