Schick Injector E or G

I know three things here:

1. The E Model is rare
2. The G Model is not as aggressive as the E
3. The G Model with sharp new Personna blades was not as smooth as with the "Chick" blade.

I have not used my Proline blade in the G as I know that for me it will be too aggressive, however that very blade in my M Model adj. set at 5 - 6 is perfection for me. YMMV.

Bonus: fergiebilly loves his E Models, but know that he is the shaving world version of an "extreme" athlete who thrives on danger & peril. ;):D

So I picked up a boxed E3 for £6 on eBay. A bit of a steal, but I regularly see Schicks go for £10-15, with a regular buy-it-now for £30.

I personally find the E3 mildish, which suits me, as I shave 6-7 days a week.

I have the E3 and the M1 adjustable. Recently tried the Pal on passaround, and found that it was a fair bit more aggressive than my E3. Something to consider if you like razors more aggressive.

Whilst the razors are cheap, the blades are not. Personna are ok, but the Schick are a different league, but are basically £1/blade. I get 3 shaves from DE, but happily get 10 from a Schick.

Have you seen this info?
http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've owned and used both models. Both are very good razors. As Billy says, they are both cheap as chips and readily available.

I much prefer the E type; it is much more efficient. The one I have was made in Canada and has a butterscotch handle.Not sure which version it is.

Why not try both if the price is right? I started with a G8 as my first injector. Very smooth shaver. Cost about £10.

I've owned and used both models. Both are very good razors. As Billy says, they are both cheap as chips and readily available.

I much prefer the E type; it is much more efficient. The one I have was made in Canada and has a butterscotch handle.Not sure which version it is.

Why not try both if the price is right? I started with a G8 as my first injector. Very smooth shaver. Cost about £10.
If from USA shipping might be quite high, each offer needs close analysis.

Well, you forced my hand so I loaded a Proline B-20 in my G 1 and I received a great shave, BUT I actually think the "Chick" blade is smoother in said model. YMMV. Just as with the NOS Dutch Schick blades I have to "tame" them for my face by using in a later injector model where they absolutely shine for me, e.g., I 2, J & M models respectively.

Back
Top Bottom