Saturday 5th December to Friday 11th December 2020.

SOTD : 5th December 2020.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face & head.

Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush: Yaqi ~ 24mm Naples Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Face: wtg, xtg, atg, + pick ups.
Head: wtg, atg, + pick ups.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Lather : OSP ~ Grapefruit & Menthol Shaving Cream.

Blade: Mers ~ Super Shave X Platinum. (1)

Razor: Parker ~ 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture/Brut ~ ASL./ Wilko ~ Fruits Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Greetings,

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...After my weekly 'no guard' buzzcut with my trusty Wahl hair clippers it was that time again for my monthly head shave.

The Mers Supershave X Platinum blade which are manufactured in china made of Swedish steel and paired together admirably with the Parker 55SL Semi-Slant making a smooth efficient razor & blade duo.

The OSP grapefruit & menthol cream is a wonderful wake up call to my sensors on a fresh winter morning creating a excellent lather only a small amount is required to get a great lather in no time with a very nice citrusy scent and plenty of menthol goodness leaving a cooling post shave feel to both my face & head.

A enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Wilko ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

My face and precious swede are feeling super cool smooth and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Sat 5th SOTD
Soap Stirling Executive Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake Badger
Razor Yaqi DOC Slant
Blade SuperMax Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers
Hyaluronic + Clubman GentsGin
Awesome soap!! Super nice scent with creamy and slick lather! Love Stirling!!
This shave with the aggressive slant razor was finally tamed using a shim (thanks @ouchyfoot for the tip) and a mild but good blade. The immediate feel was much smoother and comfortable without any blade chattering. Wtg & xtg was very smooth and then the real test was the atg on the chin & around the lips especially the upper lip. Wow..!! Smooth, comfortable, and without issues. 3passes for a very close mostly BBS result with 2 late creepers. Really efficient shave today beating yesterday's Karve F plate easily. Excellent post and aftershaves. Rating 9.8/10
20201205_095806.jpg
20201205_103714.jpg

Today's shave:

rdt201205haj2c.jpg

- Barrister & Mann Promises
- Tatara Semogue Finest Badger
- Tatara Masamune with Feather blade
- Ombia Classic aftershave

:)

Saturday, 5 December 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Futur (3, 2, 1.5)
Blade 7 O'Clock Yellow (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

My Saturday setup (this week with a 7 O'Clock) and a nice way to start the weekend—have a good one, folks.

05/12/20
Pre: Face wash with Whickams pre shave soap
Brush: @Steven_Jagger - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap: Ariana & Evans L'Orange Verte
Razor: Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #2
Edge by: Andrew @Shavers Delight
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 50 (1).JPG
I completed my 2 pass shaving routine for a DFS+ finish without issues this morning.
Very nice.
A very nice face lather with a face full of silvertip badger and the A&E soap.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Good afternoon all.

Brush- Dcosmetic 2 band silver tip.
Soap- TOBS Grapefruit
Razor- Gillette Fatboy (6) (2)
Blade- Nacet #7
ASL- Barts Grapefruit and Pink Pepper.
Scent- Tom Ford Oud Wood

Currently sat at Home Park, ready for the football watching Plymouth Argyle. It's been a long 10 months.
First time with this brush, shocking to load up with the bowl so switched to a face lather for the first time. This worked well and it performed well with the TOBS cream. This blade is still going strong and if I were to buy a Fatboy I think this would be my go to blade.
Nicely finished off with a drop of Barts Grapefruit and Pink Pepper ASL.
All I need now is a good result this afternoon and I can go home a happy man.

Stay safe everyone.

5 December

Wickham 1912 Magnum
Semogue SOC 2 band
Rockwell 6S (R4)
Feather Hi-stainless
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum

02855E19-E381-4F14-B204-7BC353823239.jpeg

A pleasing two pass shave today. Everything, including myself, working as it should. The Rockwell, noticeably, does not get as close as the MÜHLE R41 used for yesterday's shave, which is as it should be. The shave was, nonetheless, close enough.

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - MWF
Brush - Razorock Bruce
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Gillette wilkinson (1)
Post - Old Spice AS followed with Moisturiser

A nice close feeling shave. Unlike the ESC Outlaw which is supposed to get the job done in two passes, the 34 felt like it had done a much better job. Still went for the extra half (two and half in total) pass. Great lather today.

Back
Top Bottom