Sat 26th SOTD
Soap Cella
BrushYaqi 28mm Tuxedo Synthetic
Razor Gillette Rocket HD Monobloc
Blade Sword Viking's Sword 2nd
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic
Old Spice Original
Lather from the soap was thick creamy slick with a mild scent.
Wanted a mild shave and this razor paired with the blade gives exactly that. Auto cruising smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a surprisingly efficient result of mostly bbs to dfs. Very enjoyable. Excellent aftershaves. Rating 9.7/10
20201226_113450.jpg

SOTD : 26th December 2020.

17.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush: Semogue 1470.

Face Lather.

Soap : Fine ~ Fresh Vetiver

Blade: Mers ~ Supershave X 'Snapped in 1/2'. (1)

Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./
Davidoff ~ Cool Water ASL./Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

Greetings,

(Boxing Day Shave.)

Another new eclectic shave set up to start to finish the last week of 2020.

The fine fresh vetiver soap was superb, producing a wonderful slick protective lather with a wonderful fragrance throughout the shave.

My normal boxing day morning tradition along with family and friends would be to venture down to the my local beach and watch, 'not to take part in' the traditional boxing day north sea dip!...'Sheer utter madness'!

This traditional mad boxing day event you witness grown men's genitals disappear in an instant once entering the freezing ice cold water of the north sea....But it's all in aid for our local needy charities, which is a wonderful thing...I always give my nieces & nephews extra money 'for themselves' not for charitable means, just for been so brave to enter the beyond belief freezingly cold north sea.

Each year they try to convince me to participate in the event, but i instantly turn into a 'cowardly hypochondriac' and tell them that if i enter the water my 'chronic rheumatism' will start playing me up ,and i can't take the risk as i may drown'..Sheer utter feeble lies, ..Their response is a rolling of eyes, and walk away in disgust...Let me try and defend myself by saying i'm no 'shrinking violet' and i was for many years a participant in this crazy charitable event but after a while it became a thought of dread rather than pleasure to take part in anymore...Even if the UK has a massive record breaking summer heat wave the north sea is still 'FULL ON' cold!....Anyone who enters the north sea to swim, in the summer or winter in my opinion i have to say, 'The elevator doesn't go to the top floor' and urgently need to see a head doctor!. However, due to the covid-19 madness this year it's been Cancelled which i see as a blessing in disguise for those who participate in this mad eccentric charitable event. Enough said.

A wonderfully smooth 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable boxing day shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

My face is feeling very smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your boxing day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Hi!
G5BSGHT.jpg

Pre: hot water, homemade olive oil soap.
Lather: Los jabones de Joserra Darjeeling Note.
Brush: FS.
Razor: Gillette Slim Twist.
Blade: Feather (#2).
Take care and have a nice day!

A welcome to my Boxing day shave themed 'Boxes'

IMG_20201225_202615.jpg

Box clever - Stainless Mongoose
Box of tricks - Feather Super Professional
Box your ears - Yaqi Dandelion
What's in the box? - MDC Rose
Fill my box - C&S 88

Boxing day. Traditionally one of the biggest piss up days of the year. Traditional drinking followed by traditional seasonal fighting. Now because of coronovirus we are having to learn how to get aggressive on tea and fight while practising social distancing.

But this morning was more about traditional shaving and fighting for bathroom space. Job done and boxes ticked. A great start to what is essentially yet another Christmas day in our household.

Have a wonderful day all you shavateers and remember, I love you all. So much so wake up in a beautiful way with some Otoboke Beaver

Last edited:
26/12/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Simpson Commodore X1
Soap: Signature Soap Vectis
Razor: 5/8 Thiers Issard "Evide Sonnant"
Edge by: @Fergiebilly
Post shave: Alum, Cold water splash, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

Wk 53 1. O Sat.JPG
A very nice DFS+ finish from 2 easy passes.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Barrbarr
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Tonight Tipple:- Balvenie Doublewood 17yrs old

Saturday, 26 December 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Futur (3, 2.5, 2)
Blade Feather (1)
Post Shave: Alum
Fragrance: Eucrus

My Saturday setup (with a post-Christmas Feather), and a nice way to start the weekend. Have a good weekend yourselves, folks.

Back
Top Bottom