Sat 19th SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Gillette Slim N4 (Max Setting)
Blade JAWS Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers
Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
Super lather from this magnificent soap! Creamy, slick, and really nice grassy/herbal scent!
Shave with razor paired with the blade at max setting 9 for 3passes was very nice and enjoyable. So smooth and comfortable with no issues at all for a bbs to dfs result. Excellent post & aftershaves. Rating 9.8/10
The blade is very good and makes a huge difference.
20201219_124309.jpg

SOTD : 19th December 2020.

13.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.
Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Wilko Men's shave Oil.
Brush: Yaqi ~ Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather : omega eucalyptus shaving cream
Blade: Mers: ~ Supershave X 'Snapped in 1/2'. (1)
Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Floid ~ Mentolado Vigoroso ASL./ Creightons ~Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

Another new shave set up to start the weekend....Maiden shave with the SuperShave X 'Snapped in 1/2' making another comfortably smooth assertive duo.

I intend to use the Yaqi Katana with my SOTD's until the end of 2020 after the comfortable error-free shaves i've had from this fantastic efficient razor.

It's been a while since i last used the Omega shaving cream and forgot how much easy it is to create a slick protective lather, with a good kick from the Eucalyptus oil to give my face sensors a wake up call on this fresh morning.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable/near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Creightons ~Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth cool, and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Bare
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Tonight Tipple:- Glen Grant The Major's Reserve

This early morning shave is introduced to you by the theme 'morning wood'

IMG_20201218_111713.jpg

Wooden it be nice - Stainless Mongoose
Wood you care to dance? - Feather Super Professional
Wooden Top - Yaqi Dandelion
Wood oil - ADP
In your dreams love, now get to work - ADP Assoluta

A quick shave before I disappear out the house and a stonkingly wonderful one at that.

Be well everyone and I wish you a peaceful, quiet and safe weekend. And of course the same to all your families

And yes love is short in this household, but have some of those Beavers anyway

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt201219j5jop.jpg

- Barrister & Mann O Delight
- Omega 20102
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with ASP blade
- Pitralon Pure aftershave

:D

Saturday, 19 December 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Futur (3.5, 3, 2.5)
Blade Nacet (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

My Saturday setup (with a Nacet), and a nice way to start the weekend. Have a good weekend yourselves, folks.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Otto Deutsch's Hans Solingen Full Hollow 6/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Vitos Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had a Superb Close Shave Today with My Otto Deutsch's Hans Solingen 6/8th..Its a Actually a Near 15/16th Not Including the Spine..One of the Most Beautiful Razors I have Ever had the Pleasure of Putting on the Hones..Wunderbar..
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
:kar:

Billy..
:chores016:

Sotd-19-12-20.jpg

Yesterday -

prep - facial scrub
razor - Karve alu - d plate
blade - Med Prep (not the faintest idea of how many uses)
brush - Semogue 2015 hd silver tip
soap - Proraso sandalwood
post - witch hazel
a/s - 4711
balm - Arran Lochranza.

All good. Once I've posted this - I'm away to write a letter to a friend - the other sort of posting - I like to think I span the genres :) - Japanese paper and a beautiful fountain pen - also Japanese - lavender Diamine ink. How charmingly old-school. Have a great weekend all - enjoy shaving - stay safe - I.

Last edited:
Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - New Forest Silvertip
Razor - ESC Outlaw
Blade - Wilkinson (1)
Post - Old Spice AS followed with Moisturiser

I thought I'd loaded the brush with more then enough soap for a decent lather, yet I only just managed two and a bit passes. I do struggle with this soap. Usually works ok with my one and only synth brush, which I purchased after @Scotshave suggested I try one with this soap. It's harder than MWF. I think it was @Digimonkey that also struggled with a particular soap. I will echo Scotschave's suggestion of a synth brush as it did work for me.

Despite my lather woes, I managed two plus worse effected areas and ended up with a smooth shave. Perhaps the thinnish lather helps.

Back
Top Bottom