Saturday 02th January to Friday 08th January 2021

Sat 2nd Surf and Shave
Soap Catie's Bubbles Ocean Grove
Brush Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Glatz Super Platinum 1st (Replaced)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Thick creamy lather. Acceptable slickness and scent were just below mild.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was not good. The blade was tuggy and skipping. Replaced with a 5th used Personna Med prep before any incident. 3passes with no issues for a dfs+ to ccs result. Rating 9/10
20210101_134525.jpg
20210102_112406.jpg

SOTD : 2nd January 2021.

21.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega Midget.
Face & Head Lather.
Face: wtg, xtg, atg, + pick ups.
Head: wtg, atg, + pick ups.
Lather : Kent Luxury Shaving Soap.
Blade : Tiger Platinum. (1)
Razor: MÜHLE R41.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Denim Original ASL./Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

(Open Comb DE Razor Week)

First Face & head shave of 2021.

After the long run with the Yaqi Katana razor i've decided to give my open comb razors a run out to start the new year off in style... Starting off with the assertive semi-open comb Muhle R41 paired together with the Tiger Platinum blade which was another great match mowing through my stubble with effortless ease....I have mentioned before in my past postings what a wonderful efficient razor the R41 is now that i have vastly improved my technique & gained my shaving confidence when shaving with this wonderful assertive Fräulein.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable /near BBS shave with no errors to report.

My intended plan for 2021 , is to carry on adding soft & hardware items to my SOTD set ups that i haven't gave much attention to in the past and to try and curb my urges and make 'NO MORE' impulsive shaving related buying bouts this year. 'I always say the same thing,' but i'm going to do my best...with a few exceptions such as my birthday or if i really need it, which at this present moment in time i don't, so that'll be it for a good few months at least.

I've said this umteenth times "i've got what i need, not what i want"....I'm going try to keep to my word and start to appreciate more, and use up what i already have in my humble shaving den. Enough of my babble...

Having a vast variety of something isn't always a good thing, you can't appreciate it enough.

A wonderful shave to start the year off in style...Wishing you all good health peace, happiness and contentedness for 2021....Finishing the shave off with small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the first weekend of 2021 ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Simpson Polo 10 Manchurian
Soap: Antiga Barbearia de Bairro
Razor: LASSC BBS-1
Blade: Treet Platinum
AS: Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Ribeira Porto
AS Balm: Acqua di Parma Colonia pura

SOTD-20210102.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Pre-shave:- Full Body Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club (A&E) ~ Charlatans Traipse
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Mission / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Saturday 2 Jan 2021 - Happy New Year !!!
First shave of the year - first use of my last 2020 acquisition - Stirling Eucalyptus Mint Soap.
And what a shave it was - the soap is like using a sheet of ice to lather your face - ice cold and invigorating!
First class shave all round with Braveheart & Wilkinson blade - four days' growth, perfect!

Prep: Shower - Nuage Shave Oil
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Razor: Braveheart
Blade: Wilkinson (white box)
Soap: Stirling Eucalyptus Mint
After: Cold Water splash – Ajanta Alum – no aftershave

02/01/21
Pre: Shower
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo
Soap: Signature Soap Valentia
Razor: Henckels Rapide - Patent 02/01/1894 #512125
Blade: Henckels Rapide Wedge
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Proraso Red
P1020011.JPG
I decided to use the original wedge today to keep the razor in its full vintage mode.
Apparently today is the anniversary of the Henckels Rapide patent, thanks to @pjgh for the info.
I bowl lathered the Signature soap using the wall of badger that is the @Steven_Jagger 's 26mm Cocobolo, plenty of lovely lather for the shave.
I completed my Straight razor 2 pass routine and the blade performed well enough, although i noticed ATG it was tugging a little, i may need to get it on the hones.
The finish is easily a DFS++ and my skin is comfortable and soft, no real indication from the Alum rub finishing with the Proraso post shave and splash.
All in All very happy with that shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day everyone.

Back
Top Bottom