Sapofinicio varesino

Roy

I have given high praise to this soap elsewhere having bought the Dolomiti version. I cannot pinpoint The scent but no matter .

To those who also like this soap , do all varieties perform the same way and what scents are the best?

I have 4 SV soaps Roy, all lather up a dream with a nice post shave feel.
As for the scent first place goes to Tundra Artica,it also has the strongest scent out of the four. Stella Alpina next following close behind would be Felce Aromatica and last but no means least is the 70th Anniversary.

All nice scents but for me the Tundra has the wow factor.

Sadly I often take the lid off the pot I have the Tundra in just for a sniff :D

Shaved with it this morning (and the AS) superb performance and scent

I've used nearly all apart from the latest two offerings... Best performer was Stella Alpina and the one which wasn't quite as good as the rest was Tundra Artica (still very good though, just not quite as exceptional.)

The Dolomiti scent is citrus and lavender I think... That's what I got from it anyway.

Last edited:
I have 4 also...manna, felce, dolomiti and tundra.

The dolomiti is a very special scent for me. I absolutely love it. It's fresh, it's comforting and there's a background beachy/salty scent, which I guess is the dolomite silt.

Manna de Sicilia is very nice too....has some earthy base notes with whiffs of rose and tobacco.

And Opuntia is about as you could get to Aventus in a shave soap.

Use them in alternate rotation

They are available in TK Maxx. I have picked one up, but haven't used it. I would imagine it's triple milled. They don't look very moisturising, but the one I have is exfoliating.

I tried both the lemon and seaweed exfoliating one's. Both very hard, long lasting and fast lathering... But also both very drying for my skin :( I find L'Occitane soaps far more gentle albeit at twice the price (compared to the SV from TKMaxx.)

I tried both the lemon and seaweed exfoliating one's. Both very hard, long lasting and fast lathering... But also both very drying for my skin :( I find L'Occitane soaps far more gentle albeit at twice the price (compared to the SV from TKMaxx.)
I find most Italian soaps drying, they tend not to include sweet almond oil or shea butter. I quite liked Nesti Dante poppy as a less expensive version of Claus Porto poppy

I find most Italian soaps drying, they tend not to include sweet almond oil or shea butter. I quite liked Nesti Dante poppy as a less expensive version of Claus Porto poppy

It can be surprising how drying some are, recently bought a Mitchell's wool fat bath soap and despite the tallow and lanolin it dried me right out! Worse than a shower gel even.

It can be surprising how drying some are, recently bought a Mitchell's wool fat bath soap and despite the tallow and lanolin it dried me right out! Worse than a shower gel even.
I have one of those sitting in my drawer. I must get around to using it. It's different from the soaps in the yellow wrapper.

The Savon de liquide de Marseille is excellent, they usually stock various different brands. Castelbel/Asquith & Somerset soaps from Portugal are great too.

They are available in TK Maxx. I have picked one up, but haven't used it. I would imagine it's triple milled. They don't look very moisturising, but the one I have is exfoliating.

I have the Aegean Seaweed on the go at the moment. Not triple milled, but the 200g brick lasts a couple of months. Scent is a nice fresh aquatic. No hint of drying the skin, but YMMV as always

The scrub Almond soap with Natural Honey version does contain Sweet Almond Oil as an additional moisturizer.

88B9QLH.jpg

The 70th Anniversary soap is fantastic. Lathers really well and the woody, floral scent is very pleasing. The 70th Anniversary balm is also a top performer for me — bracing and yet soothing, if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom