S.O.T.D. Saturday 23rd June to Friday 29th June 2018

image.jpg~SOTD~

Prep ~ Valbora Glicerlanolina Soap, Shower
Razor ~ Olaf Rasmussen Surgical Prep (On loan)
Blade ~ Lodz Polsilver
Soap ~ Stirling - Glastonbury
Brush ~ Stirling Boar
Bowl ~ TSR Group Buy
Post ~ Vitos Tobacco Aftershave
Scent ~ Guerlain ~ Mouchour De Monsieur edt

It's that time of year again......music festivals, so I pulled out the Stirling Glastonbury soap, fantastic stuff, slick as can be and wonderfully scented, a real eatrhy scent with a hint of mutton tallow.
The Olaf Rasmussen razor was fitted with one of my SS handles for a little more weight and more to grip on to. I used the same Lodz Polsilver as I found this to be a good blade for this razor and was rewarded with a close clean shave with no loss of blood, after a splash of Vitos Aftershave it was time for the Guerlain M.D.M , a few sprays here and there and I was presentable for the outside world.

It looks like another hot sunny day out there so I hope it's the same for you! P. :cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 7
SOTD : 23rd June 2018.

4.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel. .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Glycerin Soap./Bloom water face wash.

Brush: Omega ~S10018 .

Bowl Lather.

Soap : MWF.

Blade: Trig ~ (blue/white pack) Stainless Silver Edge .(1)

Razor: Parker 65R.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./The real shaving Co. ~ Post Shave soothing Balm .

Nivea Men ~ 2 Phase A/S lotion .

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...maiden shave Duo with the Trig (blue /white pack) Stainless Silver edge blade from the Treet Co. & the Omega S10018 synthetic brush.I've carried on as i did last week using just one blade with all my SOTD's for the full week putting the Trig (blue/white pack) Stainless Silver edge to the same longevity test.Next week i'll do the same test with the Trig (green /white pack) Stainless Silver edge..

The Omega ~S10018 synthetic performed superbly, providing a wonderful slick lather for my shave..The post shave feeling of the MWF gives, is exactly the same as the Scottish Fine Classic Shaving Soap & kent soap, which is fantastic.

The Trig/65R made a smooth efficient Pakistani/Indian shaving product duo.Every blade that i've paired up with my parker razors i've had good results, the blade felt really smooth on the first pass, it's not an aggressive blade, but that's not to say it wasn't efficient, because it mowed through my stubble effortlessly,to compare them to another blade, they feel & perform pretty much the same as the Shark Super stainless, my skin type seems to get on with stainless steel blades,however they won't be for everyone, as for it's longevity time will tell during the week,but for it's first maiden shave i'm well impressed with the Omega S10018 brush, for it's size it created a superb lather,as MWF can be a very trying soap to lather at times, but the Omega S10018 worked with it wonderfully . The Trig blade performed excellently on it's first outing.A nice smooth forgiving efficient blade..A 100% better performance than the maiden shave of the bluebird platinium last weekend.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off in old school style with a generous splash of Nivea Men ~ 2 Phase A/S lotion.

My face is feeling fresh super smooth, & smelling devine.
clear.png
;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt180623.jpg

- Grooming Dept Conca d'Oro
- Plisson L'Occitane
- Rockwell 2C with ASP blade
- Pitralon Pure aftershave

:D

I like this label a lot (it's actually the main reason I bought the soap) because of its beautiful vintage aesthetic like 1950es wallpaper or something, so I thought for the picture I'd put it on a tablecloth my dad bought in the early 60es, and I think it kinda works. And unrelated to this but also inspired by the soap I found myself humming "Orange Crush" during my shave, so here you go. Have a nice timey-wimey and citrusy day, everyone!

Hello all; not been able to post for a while, also hampered by being on holiday in Croatia.

Not great holiday shaves; water very hard, as evident from large deposites of soap scum post shave.

Things got better when I started to shave with bottled water!

Pre-shave: Warm shower; Kiehl's Face fuel facewash
Preshave: Gentlemans Groom Room shave prep +
Cream: D.R. Harris Eucalyptus and menthol
Brush Omega Hi Synthetic
Bowl: Aesop
Razor: Rex Ambassador setting 3
Blade Astra SS
Post Myrsol lemon.

Water is definitely a major factor; when I splash face with old warm bottled water left over from day at the pool shaves get much better! The above is a typical set up. However, last night, my best shave of the holiday thus far was with my ATT SE1 Calipso with Kai Captain Pink and Groom Room shave prep +.

Wierd thing this holiday I'm glad I packed a shaving bowl and getting great lathers; however shaves still not as good as at home.

Lovely country and people; hope all is good with everyone.

Still got a week and a bit to go; hope shaves improve.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom