RR Mamba 70

This is the newer and more 'aggressive' Mamba,' the earlier milder one now being referred to as the '53' by many on other forums. Have any of you tried this newer model?

:unsure:

This is the newer and more 'aggressive' Mamba,' the earlier milder one now being referred to as the '53' by many on other forums. Have any of you tried this newer model?
It's been around for a while.
I have both Mambas, and I think I actually get a wee bit more blade feel from the older Mamba, but the 70 is a little more efficient. Having said that, I can barely feel either of them on my face.
For what's it worth, I get better shaves with either of them than I had been getting with the Feather AS-D2 and iKon B1 OSS.
I find that GC 68 OC and GC 68 Jaws (which I find to be about the same shave) are more efficient than the Mambas, yet there's still hardly any blade feel.
I can get near BBS in three passes with the Mambas, but I can get there in two passes with either of the GC 68 variants.

OP
Bogeyman
Thanks. If possible I would like to hear from someone who has used both the Mamba 70 and the Gamechanger .68 SB for a comparison. I wonder if that extra 2mm of exposure from the former nestles it in the 'Goldilocks zone". :unsure:

OP
Bogeyman
Well, I ordered one at a great discount via their e-mail today, Ironically, I also bought a '53' head/baseplate off a buddy in person for a song. donnie_arko will be along shortly for the 'kill shot' on me regarding 'suckling' on the SS teat. I think however he can upgrade that to feasting. :oops:

Well, I ordered one at a great discount via their e-mail today, Ironically, I also bought a '53' head/baseplate off a buddy in person for a song. donnie_arko will be along shortly for the 'kill shot' on me regarding 'suckling' on the SS teat. I think however he can upgrade that to feasting. :oops:
Will be interested to hear what you make of it, I quite like the look of the Mamba as well.

OP
Bogeyman
just my opinion, but the razorback bbs out performs the mamba and the gc68. it gets better each time i use it.
Explain "outperforms" for us. :unsure:

Update: my Mamba 70 came today and I will use tomorrow.

Upupdate: used it tonight on a day & a half beard with a new Astra SP as a benchmark. Soap was the superb A&E Frozen Mojitos.

Fantastic shave and a better shave than that with the 53. The Halo handle it came with is a beast and weighs what seems like a railroad spike!! :oops: Need to resort to my standard handle to wring 'er out better, but it definitely cuts closer than the 53 (duh!), but is not harsh by any measure. The head angle is almost exactly like that of a Tech.

Last edited:
Before you know it BM, you'll be in dark alleyways doing favours for businessmen so you can buy your next Rex Ambassador as the last Rocnel Adjustable wasn't right you'll be asking yourself why allowed yourself to sink so low.

Then your client will compliment your BBS cheeks and you'll know it was all worthwhile.

Top Bottom