Royal Mail has misdelivered my package

Hi all.

Has anyone ever had Royal Mail deliver their package to the wrong address before?
I placed an order with a retailer two weeks ago and decided to email them yesterday, as I still havent recieved it. Turns out that it was delivered last Wednesday but I never got it, which means someone else has it. Cant be my neighbours as they haven't passed it on to me.

Would I need to contact Royal Mail myself or is this something the sender needs to do?
The items are not much in value but seeing as I am working part time (thus not earning alot), Id rather not be throwing money away.

**Edited to remove vendors name, as this is an issue with Royal Mail and not the store I purchased from**

Last edited:
Hi all.

Has anyone ever had Royal Mail deliver their package to the wrong address before?
I placed an order with Shaving Station two weeks ago and decided to email them yesterday, as I still havent recieved it. Turns out that it was delivered last Wednesday but I never got it, which means someone else has it. Cant be my neighbours as they haven't passed it on to me.

Would I need to contact Royal Mail myself or is this something the sender needs to do?
The items are not much in value but seeing as I am working part time (thus not earning alot), Id rather not be throwing money away.
If RM say it was delivered you will need to do some investigation work yourself, have you asked your neighbours, they may have put it to one side and simply forgot. Once you have done this you can contact RM who should be able to pin down where I may have been delivered to through their time and date stamp system when they deliver sign for parcels (if it was a sign for service that was used) if so check the signature that would have been signed and at what time, post men/women normally are quite consistent in their time of arrival at your property so if the time stamp is wrong and the signature is wrong you may have a case with The RM. P.

I've had this issue quite a few times too

There's another street with the same name that shares the first four digits of my post code
Royal Mail have been next to no use in retrieving my parcels etc
I took it in to my own hands the last time it happened, and went to the other address and confronted the residents there
The look on their faces was a picture - but they still denied having my goods (despite the Royal Mail depot manager telling me that that's where their driver had delivered my parcels to)
I went back to the depot, and insisted that they put a marker on my name and address, and that if my parcels and mail go missing again in future I would be taking action against them on grounds of incompetence and negligence.
Low-and-behold . . . . No more missing mail or parcels

Hi all.

I placed an order with Shaving Station two weeks ago and decided to email them yesterday, as I still havent recieved it. Turns out that it was delivered last Wednesday but I never got it, which means someone else has it. Cant be my neighbours as they haven't passed it on to me.

If the parcel had a tracking barcode, either the traditional type or the newer square kind, it will have been scanned on delivery. The scanner automatically assigns a GPS tag to the delivery, so if you can get a tracking number from Shaving Station it can be traced to the address it was delivered to. If I were you I'd get the number from SS and contact Royal Mail customer services.

If the parcel had a tracking barcode, either the traditional type or the newer square kind, it will have been scanned on delivery. The scanner automatically assigns a GPS tag to the delivery, so if you can get a tracking number from Shaving Station it can be traced to the address it was delivered to. If I were you I'd get the number from SS and contact Royal Mail customer services.

Ive already been to the local delivery office to ask. He said he will chase it up..just waiting on a phonecall. Also waiting for the postman to appear to ask him if he remembers what he did with it.
Shaving station did state that they use a barcode for delivery, so the postman has to scan it before delivery. Question is...if he scanned it prior to delivery...which house did he deliver it to? Address on it is mine so it shouldnt be anywhere else

I have today been informed by the Royal Mail postman of an undesirable, but inevitable, twist on deliveries, arising from Covid19. RM, along with just about every other delivery service which requires a signature on delivery, use a handheld screen on which the recipient makes a mark (I wouldn't call it a signature) with a finger. As of today, this branch of RM (and presumably others), won't get the recipient signature, but instead the postman will mark it as delivered himself.

This is OK for me, as I'm not in a town or city, and I know the postmen pretty well, and they know what to do if I'm not in anyway. It's not going to be ideal for a lot of people, especially those having the problems of the OP. It's also going to be a real PITA for those of us sending things that need tracking and signature, and, although I don't sell much through eBay these days, I wonder what their approach to this will be, especially for "not received" disputes.

Just asked the postman. He said he didnt have anything for me that day and if he did, he normally leaves it in a safe place with a card if theres no one in (he always leaves a card saying hes put somewhere safe).

So...I think its lost

Question is...if he scanned it prior to delivery...which house did he deliver it to?

It should be scanned on the doorstep. In practice it could be scanned on the pavement as the postie is walking from his last delivery to his next. Should only be a matter of yards away, close enough to work out which house.

If you're wondering if he scanned the item as delivered before leaving the office, then I very much doubt it. This is a big no-no and people have been disciplined for it.

It should be scanned on the doorstep. In practice it could be scanned on the pavement as the postie is walking from his last delivery to his next. Should only be a matter of yards away, close enough to work out which house.

If you're wondering if he scanned the item as delivered before leaving the office, then I very much doubt it. This is a big no-no and people have been disciplined for it.

No one knows where it is. Trying to find a means of contacting someone on the Royal Mail website sends me in an endless loop. I cant file a claim too.
As a full time student who earns less than £500 a month, losing something due to RM's negligence is frustrating as I dont have money to throw around.

It probably sounds petty but its pissed me off and got me in a bad mood all day.

I think I might just have to accept the loss. At least its put me off any online buying for a while.

No one knows where it is. Trying to find a means of contacting someone on the Royal Mail website sends me in an endless loop. I cant file a claim too.
As a full time student who earns less than £500 a month, losing something due to RM's negligence is frustrating as I dont have money to throw around.

It probably sounds petty but its pissed me off and got me in a bad mood all day.

I think I might just have to accept the loss. At least its put me off any online buying for a while.

I would not accept the loss, contact the seller, you have paid for goods and delivery so it is up to them to sort it out with post office or issue refund.

Back
Top Bottom