Rolls razor question

Satanfriendly

Supporter
Supporter
LeJog 2022 Finisher
I have received a freshly honed blade for my charity shop Rolls.

Is there any hints for using this razor such as shaving angle etc. It does perplex me and it is certainly one lump of a blade. I feel if I got it wrong this thing could cause major damage.

Or am I wrong with my concerns And fret too much?

Give yourself the best chance of getting the angle correct and take the guard bar off.

From there, when you look at it sideways in the mirror, you should find the angle - think of it as a bit of a straight on a stick. Usual stuff. Pick an angle, try more towards the face, try steeper angle. You'll find your groove.

Good luck! Have fun :)

Excellent reply and many thanks.

A straight on a Stick is a good way of looking at it. The biggest problem I had with a full on straight was losing sight of exactly where it was positioned and the size of the blade. I am hoping this more like a DE or SE but minus the replaceable blade. In a kind of way.

Having fun is about the best I can hope for :rolleyes:

I could always use it to trim the rose bushes or wood carving if it proves an enigma to use

Excellent reply and many thanks.

A straight on a Stick is a good way of looking at it. The biggest problem I had with a full on straight was losing sight of exactly where it was positioned and the size of the blade. I am hoping this more like a DE or SE but minus the replaceable blade. In a kind of way.

Having fun is about the best I can hope for :rolleyes:

I could always use it to trim the rose bushes or wood carving if it proves an enigma to use
They are great fun to use and not as daunting as you might think. As Paul said, take the guard off it is much easier as you can see what you are doing.
Good luck. :)

In my opinion Rolls Razor is a SE shaver more than a Straight Razor on a stick, if you ever used a SE like Eveready or Gem it is more like that. Blade will have to be almost flat to your face(keep the angle bit narrower than DE), I hold the handle closer to the end of it(I mean further from the blade). I suggest not to remove the safety/guard bar off at least until you are used to the blade. First try on the cheeks(easy parts) so you will have a better idea how it shaves and how to hold etc..

Back
Top Bottom