Rocnel SE P Razor

Tony'schin

Staff Member
Supporter
Rocnel SE P Razor
Hi guys, has anyone any experience with these razors. How efficient are they? What should I be paying for one?
Screenshot_20190426-095258~2.pngScreenshot_20190426-095322~2.png
I may have a chance at buying one.

I have a Vector on route and a Sabre just about ordered, however, I thought this would complete my SE set @ £85 though 2nd hand I am not sure though.:unsure:

It's very heavy and very efficient. @Salt lane runner was asking about it in the thread here:-
https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/rocnel-se.49659/#post-747336

If you're especially interested in SEs that use halved DE blades, you might find the Focus R48 Dynamic worth a look. After I'd got the hang of the Focus, the Rocnel, although efficient, wasn't really a match for it (IMHO). Although blade-loading is fiddly in both, it's marginally less so in the Focus, with no need for tab removal etc.

The price seems about right, and none of the regular outlets seem to have any.

It's very heavy and very efficient. @Salt lane runner was asking about it in the thread here:-
https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/rocnel-se.49659/#post-747336

If you're especially interested in SEs that use halved DE blades, you might find the Focus R48 Dynamic worth a look. After I'd got the hang of the Focus, the Rocnel, although efficient, wasn't really a match for it (IMHO). Although blade-loading is fiddly in both, it's marginally less so in the Focus, with no need for tab removal etc.

The price seems about right, and none of the regular outlets seem to have any.
Thank you for the info. Ponder ponder :unsure::unsure:

I have used one and though I like heavy razors found it too heavy. If you like Single Edge those with a thicker blade, why settle for a thinner 1/2 of a DE blade.

+1 and fully agree

I don't see any benefit of getting a thin DE blade and then cutting it in half. Not something I would like to do anyway. To me the advantage of SE lies in the blade.

Think I shall give it a miss

Back
Top Bottom