Rockwell

Ok the Rockwell 6c is on a special £36 at English Shaving and the 6S is £89:
I know difference in material quality , but is there any difference in the shave quality and if yes which ones best ?
I know it's a personal choice and one person will love 6c while another will love 6S .
or should I go for progress 500 at £36 ??

Ive had the Progress and now shave with a Rockwell 6S. I wanted a razor which didnt have any moving parts. I miss the Progress- it gave me superb shaves as a daily driver but it was needing a repair so had to go and was sold . The Rockwell 6s for me delivers a reliable, trouble free shave every day. Ive not tried the 6c but suspect its just as good as the 6s.

get some perma sharp and enjoy a very smooth xmas shave ... mine worx well with these on number 4
I've got couple packs perma sharp in my kit , but prefer Voskhod , shark and Lord blades .
You didn't say whether you have 6S or C ?
Watched a shave off between the 2 on Kevy shave last night and he thought 6C pipped it as the chrome finish let it give a smoother shave than the mat finish 6S

I've got couple packs perma sharp in my kit , but prefer Voskhod , shark and Lord blades .
You didn't say whether you have 6S or C ?
Watched a shave off between the 2 on Kevy shave last night and he thought 6C pipped it as the chrome finish let it give a smoother shave than the mat finish 6S

@Kevy is on to something there
The 6S is unpolished and wouldn't glide as well as a 6C (I haven't used a 6S before)

I remember seeing a post either here or over at ATG about someone polishing their 6S, which improved glide.

I have a Progress 500 too, and wouldn't hesitate if given a choice of only one or the other - the 6C would win every time, it really is that good.

Here it is -

@rowlers also modified the bottom side of the R5 plate to lose some weight from the head

Have all three. When it comes to the actual shave I find the 6c as good as the 6s. The 6c might glide a little smoother. I like the look and the extra weight of the 6s better. The Merkur Progress is a great razor, too but doesn't feel as great on the skin. A lot of blade feel compared to 6s/6c that has none.

I'm hoping Mrs W has got me a 6sfor Christmas. I went for that over the C purely as it was SS. I've seen quite a few people say the 6cshaves better due to it being a smoother finish and it gliding better. I may look at getting my 6S plated (assuming I get it) just so you get that same level of glide.

Back
Top Bottom