Rockwell 6S

I currently have 4 adjustable DE razors.
Merkur Mergress
Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Slim
Gillette Black Beauty
The dilemma I have is that I really like the look of the Rockwell 6 series. My question would be should I keep my vintage ones and add the Rockwell 6 series to them. To be fair the Gillette's only get used once every couple of months when I feel the need to do so. Am I silly to want to add a Rockwell 6 series to my arsenal ?
Answers on a postcard please

Yip, the 6S is up there. It's just another razor, SWMBO will not realised if it's used. I changed my motorbikes annually - I always picked silver, 5 month down the line " that sounds different @ 5 in the morning"
Go figure? It's not like a different colour lipstick or anything!
T

Personally Mike @Mike Smart , when using an adjustable I dial the razor into the blade I am using for the way my fissog is feeling, I have to admit though, once I have found the Zeus one day it will be different the next. Rarely between a full adjustment, I run between a 2 n 3 on all blades, rarely a 4 and it is usually "ouch" on a higher setting.
The Rex n Model T allow infinite adjustment if you're that way inclined. Others " do the job"
The Gillette Slim is also up there for me, however, the Rex is King.
The Karve on a C plate just works for me with certain blades so I have Brass and Stainless both are brilliant.
It really is down to preference.
T
YMMV of course.

Last edited:
I currently have 4 adjustable DE razors.
Merkur Mergress
Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Slim
Gillette Black Beauty
The dilemma I have is that I really like the look of the Rockwell 6 series. My question would be should I keep my vintage ones and add the Rockwell 6 series to them. To be fair the Gillette's only get used once every couple of months when I feel the need to do so. Am I silly to want to add a Rockwell 6 series to my arsenal ?
Answers on a postcard please
There's a 6S on eBay for 75£, he's in Canada. Maybe worth a punt?

Personally Mike @Mike Smart , when using an adjustable I dial the razor into the blade I am using for the way my fissog is feeling, I have to admit though, once I have found the Zeus one day it will be different the next. Rarely between a full adjustment, I run between a 2 n 3 on all blades, rarely a 4 and it is usually "ouch" on a higher setting.
The Rex n Model T allow infinite adjustment if you're that way inclined. Others " do the job"
The Gillette Slim is also up there for me, however, the Rex is King.
The Karve on a C plate just works for me with certain blades so I have Brass and Stainless both are brilliant.
It really is down to preference.
T
YMMV of course.
Iv actually just bought one myself from the Rockwell site. iv got it in Matte black, which is generally out of stock however if you buy it with a kit of soap, brush & blades you get 100 blades free & a blade bank. it also comes in Red & Blue which look quite good for a change. It hasn't arrived yet so can't give you an option but the general consensus is it's a class razor

Back
Top Bottom