Rockwell 6C Review

While I appreciate its important to have a good shaving technique, and pre/post shave methods/products; they all have some affect on the resultant shave. If your blade and razor combination is wrong though, you will always have bumps and ingrown hairs after shaving (if you're prone to do so) IMHO. I admit that sound obvious, but having wet shaved for many years, I was trapped in this conundrum (despite all my years of experience) until last Christmas...

Enter the Rockwell 6C. I received it as a Christmas present last year, and believe me its been the only razor I've shaved with (twice a week) for almost six months. Don't get me wrong, I will have the occasional single edge shave for fun, and a closer shave (its not bump or ingrown free unfortunately). But where the Rockwell 6C especially shines is it always delivers a near DFS with little to no bumps or ingrown hairs for me 48 hours later (hence I'm ready to shave three or four days later).

My go to blade is a Feather on the R6 plate WTG first pass, then either plates R6 or R4 XTG second pass and touch up. The funny thing is I've also tried Bolzano Superinox, Perma Sharp, and Rockwell blades… Although those blades don't shave as close as the Feather, they all still deliver a near DFS with little to no bumps or ingrown hairs for me 48 hours later. It a forgiving razor despite the blade, but don't get me wrong… Its not a license to over shave, or be completely lazy in your shave technique. You will bleed like any other razor, but treat it with respect and you will be rewarded.

The Rockwell 6C has surprised me, and exceeded my expectations (if you can't already tell). The hype is true IMHO although YMMV. The Rockwell boys have really knocked it out of the park. I cannot stress enough: if you are struggling with razor and blade combinations, buy the Rockwell 6C now. You won't be sorry.

Please keep safe in these difficult times.

Thanks for reading.

While I appreciate its important to have a good shaving technique, and pre/post shave methods/products; they all have some affect on the resultant shave. If your blade and razor combination is wrong though, you will always have bumps and ingrown hairs after shaving (if you're prone to do so) IMHO. I admit that sound obvious, but having wet shaved for many years, I was trapped in this conundrum (despite all my years of experience) until last Christmas...

Enter the Rockwell 6C. I received it as a Christmas present last year, and believe me its been the only razor I've shaved with (twice a week) for almost six months. Don't get me wrong, I will have the occasional single edge shave for fun, and a closer shave (its not bump or ingrown free unfortunately). But where the Rockwell 6C especially shines is it always delivers a near DFS with little to no bumps or ingrown hairs for me 48 hours later (hence I'm ready to shave three or four days later).

My go to blade is a Feather on the R6 plate WTG first pass, then either plates R6 or R4 XTG second pass and touch up. The funny thing is I've also tried Bolzano Superinox, Perma Sharp, and Rockwell blades… Although those blades don't shave as close as the Feather, they all still deliver a near DFS with little to no bumps or ingrown hairs for me 48 hours later. It a forgiving razor despite the blade, but don't get me wrong… Its not a license to over shave, or be completely lazy in your shave technique. You will bleed like any other razor, but treat it with respect and you will be rewarded.

The Rockwell 6C has surprised me, and exceeded my expectations (if you can't already tell). The hype is true IMHO although YMMV. The Rockwell boys have really knocked it out of the park. I cannot stress enough: if you are struggling with razor and blade combinations, buy the Rockwell 6C now. You won't be sorry.

Please keep safe in these difficult times.

Thanks for reading.

Just like to say thanks lads for the likes.

I shaved on R6 using Gillette Super Thin yesterday. Quite comparable results with Feather, but a smoother shave. I'll have to order some more!

Agree the sentiment that if you were after no fuss do it all razor that gives consistently good results this is an excellent choice.
Remind me our 2005 Lexus in many ways.

My only razors now days are the 6c and the Krona, twice a week.

Back
Top Bottom