Rio Olympics.

BBC Olympic website has live broadcasts of all events. Great for those interested in minority sports. And a pleasure to watch events without commentary - just the natural background crowd noise.

Busy day today, what with the cricket as well. And might spend a few minutes at the Charity Shield match. Table tennis practice tonight so might have to listen to the finish of the Women's Road race on the radio. Must check kick off time for the women's rugby 7s for GB v Canada.

Challenging times for sports addicts.

Anyone else following the Olympics here?

Another great day for GB. The team pursuit final was a thrilling watch. A stunning performance by both teams did my nerves no good at all.

And now some late nights ahead to follow the athletics.

All going pretty well, cycling and rowing solid results.

Jess vs KJT should be a classic if they hit their pb's.

Rugby 7's were outstanding, Fiji a class above but our boys did really well, felt for the girls not getting bronze.

Going out on a limb, I don't hold out much hope for Rutherford getting a medal of any colour, but hoping I'm wrong.

As I thought Rutherford struggled, lucky to get the bronze, distance wise the long jump is a bit in the doldrums.

Mobot down but not out.........just an amazing athlete, words fail me.

KJT throws like a girl, its going to take something special in training to get the improvement she needs.

Watching on recordings from last night, so not fully up to date.

Great performance from Thiam in the Heptathalon, Jess gave it her best but the young Belgian had too much.

Great job by Kenny and Skinner, looking forward to an all Brit battle royal.

I watched the lot live.
We expect too much! Forget distances - it's about a current crop getting the best out of themselves and mental strength. Rutherford did brilliantly - the last guy was pushing too hard and made a mistake. That's sport.

I'll be surprised if KJT gets very far. She's a tortured soul who needs a transformation in her mental attitude.

As for Mo - truly stunning. A touching interview afterwards. He was obviously deeply affected by his fall. It would have played havoc with his mind during such a long race.

A lot to look forward to today.

Yea rutherford took bronze pretty badly, shame.
Mo, what can i say, when he fell i was willing him up and in the medals when he pulled the places back i was on the edge of my chair,and his post race interview was heart feeling.
Jess, i think she did really well.

The Majority of People in that Country are Tortured Souls & the Government have Murdered Million's..That's Like Supporting the Olympics Next to a Nazi Death Camp..Its Darn Sick..Nothing has Changed since the Holocaust..:eek:

Billy
I have no idea what this means......:confused:

I'm in no way criticising Rutherford, you can only compete against the opposition that's competing, what I'm saying is that the standard of long jumping is fairly mediocre at the moment, so anyone in the final could have had a pb on the day and won by 1cm, all credit to him for medaling at all.

Back
Top Bottom