Ringtones

During my 'buy all the latest gadgets to help organise my life' phase I had about a Gazillion ringtones and I'd change it at least twice an hour.

Alice DJ - Better of Alone
Sash - Ecuador
Nakatomi - Children of the Night

Used to crop up more often than others 'til I settled on:

Cocksparrer - England Belongs To Me

Now my monochrome Nokia just goes Ring Ring.

ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring

I never tend to hear it before it gets ear shattering

Could someone please tell me (I am not proficient in these things) where and how to download a specific ringtone for mobile?

I am interested in Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells (I think it's not the '70s original version but the one that followed).

(It's not for me, the blind date was saying last night she would love to have it as a ringtone in her cell... ;)
unfortunately I just don't have handy that YouTube link which she adores)

Could someone please tell me (I am not proficient in these things) where and how to download a specific ringtone for mobile?

She can either:
1: (Assuming the phone is internet connected) Go on her phone's web browser, go to her provider's homepage and they'll have a selection to download in their "Downloads" menu. It'll cost maybe a couple of Euros. Not the biggest selection, and Mike Oldfield may or may not be available. Or:
2: Just google "Tubular Bells Ringtone" and you'll get loads of hits for companies that sell it. They'll usually give a code to text to them from her phone, and then she'll recieve a text with a sound file attached. It will charge you automatically.

My ringtone? Beautiful Day by U2. I've had it years now, I don't change very often. My text alert tone is just "Beep beep".

Mine is "Ride of The Valkyries" at the moment, it used to be Tubular Bells until a short while ago but the recording was a bit quiet even on full volume, so I switched to something a little louder :)

EDIT- Spelling mistakes

Canuck said:

She can either:
1: (Assuming the phone is internet connected) Go on her phone's web browser, go to her provider's homepage and they'll have a selection to download in their "Downloads" menu. It'll cost maybe a couple of Euros. Not the biggest selection, and Mike Oldfield may or may not be available. Or:
2: Just google "Tubular Bells Ringtone" and you'll get loads of hits for companies that sell it. They'll usually give a code to text to them from her phone, and then she'll recieve a text with a sound file attached. It will charge you automatically.
Thank you!

Mine is called Deskphone. I have a very cheap Nokia that doesn't do anything much except calls and texts :eek:

Actually just took a listen to the others and have now chosen Espionage.

Generally something classical, I just changed it to a piece of music that they use in Doctor Who regularly (called I am The Doctor), but prior to that part or the Queen of the night aria from Mozart's Magic flute (aka tangtastic wedding photograph advert), a tango (was in true lies), O Fontura (Old spice ad), Lakme (possibly BA ad) and tubular bells (theme from the exorcist).

I use Zedge on android some of the time (basically a free database of ringtones and sounds) and other times I edit MP3's and snip the section I want then copy it to the phone.

Back
Top Bottom