Rex Ambassador Blade Alignment

I thought I'd treat myself to a premium razor as an early birthday present. After much research, I settled on the Rex Ambassador as its range will have something that works for me. I didn't want to buy something that ended up being too mild or aggressive for my liking.

Anyway, it arrived today and I've just loaded a blade in it. The alignment across the bar looks off. I tried this on setting 0.5 and 4. I also tried a different blade just to make sure. Same issue. This is not what I expected from a razor of this value. It's an O2 model. Does anyone else have this issue with the Rex? Am I being overly critical or have I got a dud?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Blademonkey

Supporter
Supporter
I thought I'd treat myself to a premium razor as an early birthday present. After much research, I settled on the Rex Ambassador as its range will have something that works for me. I didn't want to buy something that ended up being too mild or aggressive for my liking.

Anyway, it arrived today and I've just loaded a blade in it. The alignment across the bar looks off. I tried this on setting 0.5 and 4. I also tried a different blade just to make sure. Same issue. This is not what I expected from a razor of this value. It's an O2 model. Does anyone else have this issue with the Rex? Am I being overly critical or have I got a dud?

It does look a little odd from your pictures, if you have any doubts about it I would contact whoever you bought it from and explain your worries. Don't use it, get the problem resolved first. You may just have one that slipped through the QC net.
They had some problems with early ones but the latest ones should be fine.
Where did you purchase it from? P.

OP
Boycie83
It does look a little odd from your pictures, if you have any doubts about it I would contact whoever you bought it from and explain your worries. Don't use it, get the problem resolved first. You may just have one that slipped through the QC net.
They had some problems with early ones but the latest ones should be fine.
Where did you purchase it from? P.
Executive Shaving so I can't foresee any problem in exchanging it. Thought I'd double check it wasn't normal first though.

This isn’t a problem I’ve encountered, but I guess it’s possible that one slipped through the Rex QC, which I gather is rigorous.

Have you tried a different blade or two, of a couple of other brands?

OP
Boycie83
This isn’t a problem I’ve encountered, but I guess it’s possible that one slipped through the Rex QC, which I gather is rigorous.

Have you tried a different blade or two, of a couple of other brands?
I thought it may be the blade initially. I tried it with two Personna blades and then a Gillette but same result. I've messaged @Executive Shaving for a replacement.

Top Bottom