Review of Gillette Silver Blue Blades

Spotted these blades on the Edwin Jagger website heavily discounted. Currently selling at £1.14 per pack of 5 if you buy a bulk purchase of 20 packs I thought I would give them a go as I had heard good reports about them.
My usual blades are wilkinson sword. I find them long lasting and smooth shaving but not as sharp as some others such as Feather.

Have now tried the Silver Blue and found them very smooth and also very sharp and long lasting. For me they seem to fill the gap between the sharp but slightly aggressive Feathers and the not so sharp but smooth Wilkinsons.

Spotted these blades on the Edwin Jagger website heavily discounted. Currently selling at £1.14 per pack of 5 if you buy a bulk purchase of 20 packs I thought I would give them a go as I had heard good reports about them.
My usual blades are wilkinson sword. I find them long lasting and smooth shaving but not as sharp as some others such as Feather.

Have now tried the Silver Blue and found them very smooth and also very sharp and long lasting. For me they seem to fill the gap between the sharp but slightly aggressive Feathers and the not so sharp but smooth Wilkinsons.

That's a very good price, superb blades, I have just used the current blade for the 7th time and it's still smooth and sharp, definitely get better after the first shave.
They are the only blade I will use.

Theses are my go to DE blades.

They are my favourite blades by a country mile. They work superbly in my ATT Kronos and Icon. I bought 200 on ebay years ago, still got plenty left

This post prompted me to dig out my remaining stash of GSB's - I had a shave with my Muhle R89 with a GSB and Truefitt & Hill 1805

With this combination, you get a very very smooth shave, zero blade feel, but 4 passes for a BBS,

Shame they are no longer in £12 a 100 territory when bulk buying, I went about 4 years just using these. A great choice for a Newbie's first 100 purchase IMO.

This post prompted me to dig out my remaining stash of GSB's - I had a shave with my Muhle R89 with a GSB and Truefitt & Hill 1805

With this combination, you get a very very smooth shave, zero blade feel, but 4 passes for a BBS,

Shame they are no longer in £12 a 100 territory when bulk buying, I went about 4 years just using these. A great choice for a Newbie's first 100 purchase IMO.

£14 for 100 from eBay , free shipping too

Back
Top Bottom